Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do u take off the shift knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do u take off the shift knob?

I know Im retarded but I can't figure out how to get the sucker off... thanks.

pull down on the shift boot, there is 2 clips that hold it up... and then twist the shift knob counter clockwise

Comment

as he said^^^^^^

it should screw off
      1990 h22 accord ex-r

Comment

on the east and west sides or north and south sides?

Comment

north and south

Take a flat head screwdriver and put it in between the shift knob and boot and pry down. It'll pop right off (plastic piece). Then just twist the knob off.
          *Do at your own risk*

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Make sure not to pry too hard or else you will snap the plastic pieces in half. Also make sure not to tighten the hex nuts too much or you will strip them. If that happens, your knob will be loose as hell (annoying).

generic short-ram
            generic strut tower bar
            hid bulbs all around
            amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

Got it guys... Thanks. But what do I do to change the stock shift boot? That plastic piece is annoying as hell.

Comment

Yeah, it is annoying, but it is there to hold the knob in place. You really don't need it. If you decide to toss it, make sure to really tighten up those hex nuts (don't strip!).

generic short-ram
                generic strut tower bar
                hid bulbs all around

Comment

You can get a new boot from Honda, or paint the plastic piece to look better (I want to paint mine bronze). Take the center console out and there's a metal retainer holding the boot in place. Easy stuff.

Comment

I want an S2000 knob and an ITR boot...

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah Im thinking Im just gonna paint it silver to match the knob and my other components. Thanks for the help guys Im kinda a noob at this shit. Im only 17 after all.

Comment

Everyone was a new guy at some point in time, 17 or not. If you can, post some AFTER images of your knob.

generic short-ram
                        generic strut tower bar
                        hid bulbs all around

Comment

cool

well i think i will replace mine tommorrow with just an aluminum one that i got off of ebay.
                          1991 Honda Accord Lx 5spd manual

Comment

i like the stock shifter knob in my 93 ex but i do want to change it eventually
                            glad to see so many ppl have the cb7 bodystyle its the best IMHO
                            Well since i dont have a pic of my REAL CAR this will have to do

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt DoUrden
                              i like the stock shifter knob in my 93 ex but i do want to change it eventually
                              glad to see so many ppl have the cb7 bodystyle its the best IMHO
                              Yeah, you got that right... i love the CB7. I also loved the stock shifter in my 92 EX-R back when it was Automatic, had a wide feel to it, kinda like luxury cars hahaha...But i love my Skunk2 shiftknob and ITR Boot
                              [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X