Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering car

I am considering lowering my 93 ex coupe. My major thought consideration for this is the amount of sway in curves. The car does well at stock, but I don't like slowing down with the ole' auto thats in it. On the same token, I don't want my teeth rattled out of my head when I drive this thing back and forth to work (18-22 miles one way, depending on which route I feel like {and how late I am}). Cost is also another factor.

I say all that to say, should I lower the car to get the effect I'm llooking for with reduced-height springs, use spring clamps to effectively squeeze one coil oit of the spring, or upgrade my struts/ shocks?

Lots of ramble, sorry for that.

Thanks.
    It's not called being paranoid, it's called being prepared."

Try a 1.5-1.75" drop with aftermarket shocks that should be a good DD plus handle better.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 296911
      I am considering lowering my 93 ex coupe. My major thought consideration for this is the amount of sway in curves. The car does well at stock, but I don't like slowing down with the ole' auto thats in it. On the same token, I don't want my teeth rattled out of my head when I drive this thing back and forth to work (18-22 miles one way, depending on which route I feel like {and how late I am}). Cost is also another factor.

I say all that to say, should I lower the car to get the effect I'm llooking for with reduced-height springs, use spring clamps to effectively squeeze one coil oit of the spring, or upgrade my struts/ shocks?

Lots of ramble, sorry for that.

Thanks.
      dude, i really dont know where to start. there are so many variables and so much research to get a set-up that suits your wants/needs. sometimes it takes some trial and error, as in going through one or more set-ups until you are completely satisfied.

first, id look through the members rides threads on this site and find a "look" that you desire. then research that particular setup to find the pros/cons along with the cost and availibility. repeat until you find one that you think you could live with. buy it and feel it for youself.

also, one thing to keep in mind is that you get what you pay for.

hope that helps.

Comment

i dont think that he is going for looks, so much as performance and ride quality..
        im suggesting, and not just because this is what i have, but because i think that you will be utterly satisfied with them, the Eibach Sportlines. they have superb ride quality, closer to OEM than any other 2" drop spring, according to other members on here. i have them with some tokico illumina adjustable struts, and the ride quality is great when im on my stock tires, and even with the 18s and 40-series tires, the ride is quiet and smooth. you only feel or hear it when you are on really rough roads.

Comment

Working...
        X