Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Loud Exhaust Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud Exhaust Dilemma

Does having an OEM catalytic converter and OEM mid pipe make the muffler quieter? Because if I get a high flow, and an aftermarket mid pipe, I was thinking it would be a little quieter at a higher speed range. For example, right now, I have the first option (OEM cat and midpipe) and the muffler noise fades if I'm at 30-50 mph constantly. However, when I hit 60-70 I start to get a constant drone. Will getting a high flow and aftermarket midpipe make the noise fade between 60-70, because the only time I really I mind the droning, is when I'm on the free way. Thanks!
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Get a better exhaust. Apexi ws2 is a good one that's pretty quiet and gives good performance.

Comment

Throughout my tuning experience, I have had many applicatoins, 1. apc muffler w/oem piping----CRAP!!!!!! 2. Greddy Evo2 No cat--awesome, But loud, I quieted it down with an extra resonator in place of the cat, after whhich it was awesome. 3. RS*R w/ cat --WHOA! Bad to the bone.--If money is an issue I would go with the high flo w/ a resonator, then save up for a cat back system - good luck!
      Every Knee Shall Bow-Isaiah 45:23

Comment

get a greddy evo if you want quiet..
        http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...293DF91135.htm

Comment

what is a high flow resonator?
          Yeah, Preludes

Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
            what is a high flow resonator?

Comment

but I saw this item that said "this high flow resonator replaces the oem catalytic converter..."
              Yeah, Preludes

Comment

if u have the money, get the RS*R... it's quiet and the cops wont hassle you as it looks almost stock
                Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

is this high flow resonator the one on the oem midpipe?
                  Yeah, Preludes

Comment

I got a used header with a resonator attached that replaced my oem cat. Sounds good but probally lacks in the green department.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Depending on the muffler you get, some of those high flow ones come with silencers, don't know if they'er worth much thou... my car's all stock

If you've got a problem, I might have an answer... or a sledgehammer.
                      (a little dirt goes a long way)

Comment

high flow resonator? everyone i have seen has a straight through design, so aren't they all high flow? later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          high flow resonator? everyone i have seen has a straight through design, so aren't they all high flow? later.
                          Ya, they must be refering to the catalytic converter.... I'd just use a large resonator, and a quality muffler....like mangaflow.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

personally, i am looking for something that sounds quiet, but not bassy droning, and looks relativeley stock, with a tip no more than 3", and that is pushing it. any ideas? i havent had any luck.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

yeah, im looking for the same thing ^^, quiet, high flow, stock look. maybe instead of the big pipe, dual side by side? I need ideas quick, my shits draggin

turbo wagon sleeper

Comment

Working...
                              X