Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _karu_
    hmm...

with this creative DIY, are you sure that every shift (1 -> 5) is correctly thrown into the position?

i believe those people at short shifter company did an extensive research on the new position of the shifter.....therefore, there won't be any complication with the tranny..
    It's a freakin' cable shifter, man.
    "Extensive research"?
    Puh-lease.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

^^hehe......i really don't know what they're doing over there.....lol

but yeah......it's a cable shifter........i guess the worst thing that can happen to the tranny is just grinding.......

Comment

no worries

ive seen the diy and the original short shiters(fujit...somthing)forgot company name, but its about an inch above stock. same as the diy. feels good to me, every time i shift havent had problems with it. and im pretty sure no one else has who tried this.
        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
          oh one other thing i left out, u might need sum type of tread tightner for the nut cause it loosens from time to time.
          what about spending an extra $ .02 and just get a locking nut? Same thing just it has the little plastic at the end that holds it firmly in place

Love the idea. I'm gonna do it too

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

locking nut never tought of that, i guess i missed it in the diy thanks oh yeah guys its not at the plumbing dept. its at the ELECTRICAL DEPT. i visited today and got the part number for you guys
            name if item is GROUND FITTINGS 1 1/2 in
            model #41309 bronze or
            model # 49160 zinc
            your choice in color i got the bronze color. thanks acclude for the contribution.
            contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

ill let you know what happens. it may be a few days due to work but ill still let you know asap.

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
                locking nut never tought of that, i guess i missed it in the diy thanks oh yeah guys its not at the plumbing dept. its at the ELECTRICAL DEPT. i visited today and got the part number for you guys
                name if item is GROUND FITTINGS 1 1/2 in
                model #41309 bronze or
                model # 49160 zinc
                your choice in color i got the bronze color. thanks acclude for the contribution.
                if you go and look outside your house at the meter box were the power comes in look for a copper wire that goes to the ground there should be one hooked to a ground rod.
                Last edited by 92hondaraticp; 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM.
                HSAE (H Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying Breed" #19

Comment

ok i installed the part. and it shortened it up and made it a little stiffer. i notched out my console and shift boot because it did hit. my bracket isnt quite the same as yours (f20aaccordturbo) but it is very similar in design. if i wouldnt have notched out the console then i wouldnt have been able to go into 5th gear. so that is really the only downfall that i have noticed so far. other than that its great, feels fine and shifts fine. i did use lock nuts and washers to help my install. sorry no pics yet, my cam is in florida with my sis. i will post some as soon as i can.

Comment

sexy, i if say so myself
                    CB7 Architect

Comment

well i went for another test drive and this time i wanted to see how it would do in race mode. well... the first time it went fine, however the second time wasnt that great. i hit second realatively hard and bent the bolt that holds the cable in half. so i was stuck in the middle of the road and couldnt go anywhere and it wouldnt go in gear for shit. i have just finished putting everything back to stock, but when i can find something a little stronger than the bolt i was using i will try it again. its great until about the second race or so. definatley worth 3.60 if your not gonna race that hard.

Comment

ok, went back to lowes today and bout a new bracket and some different bolts. i will give this a try and let you know how it works out this time.

Comment

i tried this mod and i couldnt get the bracket to hold the cable straight. I kinda figured it wouldnt work because my OBX adapter didnt work either. I may go and get new cables and a shifter next week.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Excellent find! I like the use of the ground connector, as it's designed to not slip (common problem with the posted DIY mod). I will be trying this as soon as I can get to the hardware store. I will be using (and recommend) replacing those bolts with Grade 8 hardware though, to ensure that they will not bend. And a nylon lock-nut is a must. .. . So, it'll probably total out to ~$5, but definitely worth every penny. Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

yeah this time i bought some grade 8 bolts and i have been using lock nuts. the lock nuts are a definate must, they helped out a lot.

Comment

wowzers..much better than my DIY, my L brackets bent after a while.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X