Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did it and it feels like its hitting the boot/consol... i'll have to fidle with it after work tomorrow but shortened it up a whole lot!!

Comment

It will always hit the console. That's what happens. Your shifting will probably be notchy as well.

Comment

I was able to install a CB7 shifter into my 3rd gen prelude h22 swap by doing this, I should have enough room under the consul for the Lowes short throw so maybe this might work on your accords
        height of the cb7 shifter installed stock with rubber grommets

height of the cb7 shifter modified to sit lower in the 3rd gen chasis and also retains rubber grommets

Comment

Originally posted by rev_rage View Post
          I was able to install a CB7 shifter into my 3rd gen prelude h22 swap by doing this, I should have enough room under the consul for the Lowes short throw so maybe this might work on your accords
          Why the hell would you do that? The BB4 (4th Gen) is a shorter throw than the CB7's. I mean, nice work, but I would start with a shorter throw shifter.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            Why the hell would you do that? The BB4 (4th Gen) is a shorter throw than the CB7's. I mean, nice work, but I would start with a shorter throw shifter.
            When I bought a JDM H22 from Hmotorsports it came with CB7 shifter linkage and box, If you seen either the accord or prelude shifters in a 3rd gen prelude its like driving a big rig, with the CB7 shifter I was able to relocate the shift box under the mounting plate, lowering the overall height of the shifter. Even thought the BB4 shifter has a shorter throw then the CB7 it still causes the cables to rub against the stock 3rd gen consul, now if I wanted to go with an aftermarket STS I would need to cut the consul and it looks like shit. As for the BB4 it can not be lowered without major fabrication.
            Last edited by rev_rage; 09-05-2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

When I bought a JDM H22 from Hmotorsports it came with CB7 shifter linkage and box, If you seen either the accord or prelude shifters in a 3rd gen prelude its like driving a big rig, with the CB7 shifter I was able to relocate the shift box under the mounting plates, lowering the overall height of the shifter, this can not be done with the 4th gen prelude without major fabrication.
              How? They share almost the same bottom plate. Hence why many members, including myself, have done this swap into our CB7's The BB4 shifter is physically shorter than the CB7's as well, not to mention a shorter throw.

Comment

How? They share almost the same bottom plate. Hence why many members, including myself, have done this swap into our CB7's The BB4 shifter is physically shorter than the CB7's as well, not to mention a shorter throw.
                but aren't all 4th gen prelude shifter boxes one piece compared to the CB7 two piece, and I'm not talking about the throw of the shifter I'm talking about the overall height of the shifter box assembly bolted to the chassis, if the bb4 is lower it cant be lower that what I have done with the cb7
                Last edited by rev_rage; 09-05-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

but aren't all 4th gen prelude shifter boxes one piece compared to the CB7 two piece, and I'm not talking about the throw of the shifter I'm talking about the overall height of the shifter box assembly bolted to the chassis, if the bb4 is lower it cant be lower that what I have done with the cb7
                  Aaaahhhh, I get it now. I never noticed the CB7 shifter was a 2 piece. What I would do is swap the shifter for a BB4 one, you can still keep your CB7 plate. And yes, the BB4 shifter, the rod, is physically shorter in height.

Comment

Aaaahhhh, I get it now. I never noticed the CB7 shifter was a 2 piece. What I would do is swap the shifter for a BB4 one, you can still keep your CB7 plate. And yes, the BB4 shifter, the rod, is physically shorter in height.
                    I will be getting a JTC Customs rod in the future, but will try out the Lowes mod in the mean time, unless it works out great
                    Last edited by rev_rage; 09-05-2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I will be getting a JTC Customs rod in the future, but will try out the Lowes mod in the mean time, unless it works out great
                      It won't. It's unsafe, and it hits the console. Wait until you can get a different rod.

Comment

For some reason when I tried it the bar kept coming off the bushing?

Comment

haah wow how does it feel? a difference at all? nifty idea though

Comment

It feels good . just after a few months it wore out the plastic bushing and the cable kept sliding off.You can fix this with a washer between the cable and nut.And i used a nylon nuts because the regular ones kept back out.

Comment

My own experience was that the shifting action was very notchy... caused me to over-rev during a race and nearly blow my engine. When you can't tell the difference between forcing it from 3rd to 4th and shoving it from 3rd to 2nd, there's a problem.

Of course, that was already mentioned repeatedly in this thread, but clearly fdeuce2EF didn't actually read the previous 235 posts...

Comment

Working...
                              X