Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just removed the console, this includes the part around your e-brake.
    4 bolts total. Then took the shift knob off and the rest is kinda obvious.
    un mount the cable where its existing, and thread your leading bolt through it about an inch or so up. clamp the rear bolt down real tight and reassemble!

Comment

do they not make a short shifter for the cb7...

Comment

not specifically. the prelude one can be made to work.

I'm sure on ebay you can get some shifter bars that are shorter and have the mount welded lower as well.

But why pay 50-100 + when you do it yourself for under $5? Plus, you won't see the hardware when you put the boot back on...so who needs a pretty part that is never seen ever
        ____

Comment

i've drove my old accord where i had done this, and fo4r the price it's pretty ok.

but when i had baught a PSpec short throw shifter, their really was no comparisson in the difference, pspec shifters are just emaculately tight and smooth. I like their weighted handle that can be baught with the kit as well.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

diy short shift

This works great I wish I had thought of it 4.00 and 10 minutes kudos

Comment

Im totally doing this!

You see models at every car show.
              But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

this is being done tomorrow i love the idea. i will post pics of before and after

Comment

im doing mine tonight too! haha.

Ill post pics

You see models at every car show.
                  But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

did it yesterday n cost like 5.40 or sumthin

it slipped off but added a washer and bent it and locked it :]

all good for a 100 mile drive thru riverside last night

LOWES RACING FTW!

.My Ride.

Comment

srry for no pics guys, but i did do it. and it works awesome. pics will be up soon

Comment

thanks ill be doing this tommorrow
                        1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

I did it as well... cost like $7 (inflation i guess) but works like a charm!

Comment

man i might have trouble doing this
                            1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                              man i might have trouble doing this
                              if you have trouble just ask cause its not that bad at all.... undo the six screws that hold the center console down. then undo the nut that hold the shifting linkage. install the ground connector thing and then bolt the linkage to the ground connector and reinstall center console

Comment

just did this today, not a bad little mod. fun too!

Pros: feels tight
                                short throw
                                solid
                                fun
                                cheap

Cons:rubs interior of center console
                                cheap

overall, worth it if your a cheap ass like myself lol. i think this will do until i work on something a little nicer like a prelude setup or forbidden shifter if i can find one.
                                if you attempt this, make sure to buy fender washers so the cable wont slip off the rubber bushing, that happened to me while i test drove it.
                                enjoy.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Working...
                                X