Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im definely doin this. If its like 4 bucks. Oh yea im all for it. Ill let you kno how it turns out

Comment

im thnking of doing this too.. many positive comments..

Comment

i guess ill join the crew of lowes racing ppl lol an do it to mine too. gonna get it this weekend, still in the process of primering my car.
        good job to both you!

Comment

i just dont understand the difference in the adapters and this 4$ way

Comment

Originally posted by cb7jdmh22 View Post
            i just dont understand the difference in the adapters and this 4$ way
            adapters would do the same thing, just are 'made' for it...

Comment

just did mines the other day with a battery terminal and it works really well.good and tight and only for $2.35.

Comment

hmmmm....this sounds great,but what i heard is that over time your tranny will be fucked....reason,the trans is not in a full shift,so in turn,the gears will be destoryed.

however i have read,that some of you have had this mod for quite some time,so i wonder if anyone actually knows the truth.
                please don't post if you have no clue,just people that actually know,if this mod fucks the gears up,or not....thanks

Comment

I found this one. I will see if i can do it today (friday) i dont work.

Ground Clamp, Lock Nuts, and Grade 8 bolts.

any advice for me??

Comment

decent

ok im gonna try this...if i dont like it just unbolt it right lol

thnx man
                    IM IN LOVE WITH A CAR..IS THAT WRONG?

MY MR THREAD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=132771

Comment

uuhhhhh?

ok i went to the lowes here and i couldnt find that ground thing.....im gonna go to menards tomorrow and see if i can find it there

MY MR THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude View Post
                        does any one have pics with the shift boot and the console modded if they had to, b/c Im doing this tomorrow and thinking of cutting 1" out of my actual shifter and welding the threads back on
                        i cut my shifter about 2.5 inches and other than the throw being so freakin long it looks like a real short shifter i welded the threads back on and its been strong as hell since....i did this 2 years ago and its like i never touched it still strong

MY MR THREAD

Comment

huh that looks crazy

Comment

clever, and cheap. Id do this but luckily i used the one off my old lude instead
                            90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
                            01 S2000 Silverstone
                            90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
                            http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

i did this and its a huge difference. i dont have clearence issues like people in the other posts somehow. overall this was money well spent

Comment

hey i just wanted to ask cuz i just bought a 5 speed and my ? is when you install this all you did was unbotl the handel and then replace it with the copper part and raise in an inch and will this work with an 87 civic si ?

Comment

Working...
                                X