Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnccustomscb7
    The project was a complete success. Unbeliveable at first but it does work and is very inexpensive I will post picks later.

is it later yet?

Comment

whats up with the pics of this DIY

does any one have pics with the shift boot and the console modded if they had to, b/c Im doing this tomorrow and thinking of cutting 1" out of my actual shifter and welding the threads back on
      Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

I used a battery terminal.

Works like a charm.

Took it off an accord at the junkyard.
        Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
        MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude
          does any one have pics with the shift boot and the console modded if they had to, b/c Im doing this tomorrow and thinking of cutting 1" out of my actual shifter and welding the threads back on
          Ill take some pics of what I had to my console for it to work in a little while.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

battery terminal...

was it lead, wouldnt that be hazardous and too soft of a metal.
            Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

dont for get to post pics

I hope someone has pics of theres
              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

not bad, i think ima try to.
                My ride History:
                Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                -----------------------------------
                1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Did this yesterday, it works great, shifts nice and strong. It stiffened it up alot...the tranny feels alot more race-like. Great idea man, thanks alot!
                  Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126992

Comment

I did this to my car two days ago and it works great. It cost me $6.16 at Lowes. But so far this would be the most i've gotten out of a car for six dollars, good job!

Comment

wow that is a good idea so good that i tried it i was so excited i installed it before i left HD's parking lot lol i love it best $3.65 i ever spent thanks for the idea

Comment

Put another nut on the bolt to keep it from backing back out again... that should solve that problem

1993 Honda Accord Lx

*R.I.P. Kurtis

Comment

Originally posted by ..... View Post
                          when compared to properly weighted short shifters, it's completely different......can't beat it for the price, but the reasons real short shifters (like 4bidden) sell for what they do is because of their strength and balance......counterweighting is a HUGE factor in how smoothly and accurately you can shift........i personally don't like the light feel of a shifter.....feels fragile.......although the stock shifters are usually strong enough, feel matters a lot.....a good solid shifter will usually net better 1/4 times, albeit only milliseconds difference....

in racing, every second is important..

Comment

lol did we just replied to a thread that's almost 5 mons. old!?

Comment

Diy $3.60 Short Shifter

I suggest everybody do this. you cant beat that type of mod for the price at all. this rly works. i did mine this weekend given i had to notch the console but its all good.
                              But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comment

I bought a prelude shifter and bolted it directly to the floor. I didn't have to modify the console, and it shifts great, not as tall as the stock shifter. Yes the prelude shifter does move the pivot point up about an inch higher.

I suggest that you guys bolt the plate directly to the floor, with shorter bolts of course. It will give you a much more solid feeling shift.
                                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                                X