Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing it tomorrow! Pics of how it looks with console and boot would be cool so I can shave mine correctly. Can you post some soon;I will just leave it off until I see what you've accomplished! Killer DIY

Comment

Got the parts today.

Will's Accord

Comment

Got all the parts. Just waiting to see how to change it up so it dont grind. =)

H22 Fund=Postponed!

Comment

Digging it

I just did it using a shorter bolt and locking washer/nut and didn't have to modify the console. Very tight feel and the throw is very noticeable. I have an Excedy clutch and lightened flywheel and have not had any gear grinds. Sometimes I'm not sure if its in 5th though. Great and inexpensive DIY

Comment

Done

I did this today. I can tell the difference but I still need to grind some stuff cause it is hitting when I shift into 1st, 3rd, and 5th

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

holy shit

this thread is still going on. good to hear u guys are enjoying the diy. damn ive been so busy i forgot to post pix.
              contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

I just ground off any parts of the adapter that I was not using. By doing this there was no rubbing or console cutting at all. And I cant say it enough great concept. I love this thing, it is probably one of the most useful items I have put on my car to date. Not to mention best bang for your buck.
                Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

i did it today too and there is a big difference

Comment

did this and it actually works!
                    jointheECHELONehtnioj
                    -89 CRX dx(sold)
                    -90 CRX Si(sold) and missed
                    -93 Cx Hatch(sold)
                    -91 CRX Si B18 mint(sold)
                    -94 Prelude Si (sold)
                    -92 Boosted hatch (sold)
                    -91 CRX Si secret (current)
                    "Whoa. Tightest BB4 EVAR! Bump! Thumbs Up"

Comment

hell yea ima do this today rite after work. but i wanna see exactly what u do to the console because i do happen to keep my console in. even if i dont have a shift boot.
                      Buying an H22 Type-S for $1000... oh hell yes.

Comment

MY monitor is dark as hell, its a old setup.

I cant see what you did exactly. have a pic of jus the piece. Dam screen cant c crap
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I seen this is for a shot throw 5spd shifter, i was mainly lookin for a reduced in height automatic shifter, i think it shifts too high, and i wanna lower it a bit (like 2 inches) should i just remove the cable, cut it, tap it and reassemble it?
                          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

good idea

great idea and i am testing it out, just have to go to lowes racing and pick up the pieces. i will post before and after picks
                            www.urbancarperformance.com

check us out !!!!

Comment

that's nice
                              Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

The project was a complete success. Unbeliveable at first but it does work and is very inexpensive I will post picks later.
                                www.urbancarperformance.com

check us out !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X