Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it really works the only thing i didnt like is it feels like you loose a little leverage but i got used to it really quick.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
      yes it really works the only thing i didnt like is it feels like you loose a little leverage but i got used to it really quick.
      That's because you are losing leverage....a shifter is just a lever arm with the pivot point being the fulcrum, so move away from the pivot point with the cable attachment location=less leverage and more effort needed to move the cable, but also less distance is required to move the cable hence the "short throw"
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Very good, makes sense, will be doing this when I go auto-manual.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

anybody have any major problems with this? something that would keep me from doing it?

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

My freind Kelton did this about three months ago and havn't had any problems. Works great!

Comment

I have a DC sports shorth throw adapter. All it did was move the cable up the handle so you have better leverage. I cut about 4 inches off the stock handle so its really low. Ill post pics later

Nice work on the Lowes racing one tho lol
              New to ATL

Comment

Picked it up for 45 bucks from a guy at Horizon Motorsports in Canton, OH
                Ignore the gross carpet. Its comin out in a couple days

[IMG][/IMG]
                New to ATL

Comment

btw what shift knob do you have on there?
                  New to ATL

Comment

I've heard people say it's a more solid feel? Yet someone said you lose leverage? How does this work out? Also, if I spent my 4 bucks on this could I take it off if I didn't like it? If it rubs the shift boot, what to do?
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                      I've heard people say it's a more solid feel? Yet someone said you lose leverage? How does this work out? Also, if I spent my 4 bucks on this could I take it off if I didn't like it? If it rubs the shift boot, what to do?

without getting too technical, The cable shifter is made up of 2 cables. The left one moves a selector in the transmission. The right one selects the actual gear. The Short throw moves the right cable higher on the shifter. This makes the throw shorter because it puts more leverage on the cable. The shifter takes a little more force to move because you actually lose leverage. Yes you could take it off if you didnt like it. It will feel a little more solid. My DC sports only rubs the side of the console when i shift into 5th o reverse, thats only because it sticks out on the side. I would reccomend getting an actual adapter eventually because it will be more durable than the ghetto as hell one.
                      New to ATL

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

check that out. Its just a knock off, but its made out of aluminum so its all good.
                        New to ATL

Comment

haha, my friend just cut a section of the bar below the knob.haha, ghetto
                          R.I.P 90 lx fodo ..my baby!
                          R.I.P 00 DC2 gsr
                          R.I.P 92 lx fodo
                          R.I.P 91 dx fodo
                          rockin a 2007 ridgeline rtl

Comment

i like the feel!..mine came out to be $2.08
                            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

thats pretty creative i might have to try it out

Comment

I think Im going to try this. if it works like all the people say. great DIY I will let you know what happend
                                From stock to not

Comment

Working...
                                X