Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thas cool! nice work!
    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

aww shit

thats a beautiful sig pix.
      contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Man this is awesome im going to try it this weekend.... Cant wait to shorten the throw of my shifts

Comment

Originally posted by tw0six
          what does a short shifter have to do with how and where your car chirps? if you werent chirping before, all it means that your shifting skills suckors.
          x2, this will NOT affect torque at the wheels. LOL Your just getting from gear to gear faster that's all....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i did this today...wow, the difference was amazing..the only thing i did different was to mount the clamp upside down from what he did. my uncle is an electrician, so it didnt even cost me anything.

Comment

its been seven months since ive been on this thread i got to say that i havent had any problems with my short throw shifter. hope every ones is going fine as well
              contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

I'm not a big fan of short shifters BUT I hate that the shifter is so far from me in the cb7. Is it possible to bend the stock shifter OR maybe add a little pipe to relocate the shift knob further away from the dashboard. It would be so much more comfortable... I hope I did not confuse anyone.
                ??? Does anyone else have short arms and/or thought of relocating the shift knob?
                Last edited by rexload; 01-10-2007, 02:42 AM.

Comment

I did this as well and it works pretty good. I havent had any problems with it, and plus it was super easy and cheap

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                  New people click here

Comment

I dont get how just that "thing" makes it into a short shifter?
                    Some one please feel me in! =)

H22 Fund=Postponed!

Comment

Spend $3.60. Do the DIY and see for yourself.

Explaination:
                      The shifter is just a lever and the cable attaches to the lever.
                      The lower the cable is attached, the "longer" the throw.
                      The higher the cable is attached, the "shorter" the throw.

Example:
                      - Make two parallel lines on a piece of paper 3 inches apart.
                      - Take a pen and stand it up on one line line.
                      - Now move it back and forth. This is called the "throw".
                      - See how the upper part of the pen breaks the plain of the second line first? It travels a greater distance to reach the same goal as the bottom of the pen does. Got it so far?
                      - Now attach two pieces of wire to the pen of equal lengths; one at the top and one towards the bottom. How much quicker does the wire at the top of the pen reach the marker than the one towards the bottom? The higher up the wire the greater distance it travels for the same "throw". Got it?

Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by djcaz_aom; 01-17-2007, 06:47 PM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

LOL. Nice description.
                        Still a little confuse but thanks.
                        I'll give it a shot.

H22 Fund=Postponed!

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Ill be doing this.........matter a fact today

Comment

Originally posted by CB7IceMan
                              I dont get how just that "thing" makes it into a short shifter?
                              Some one please feel me in! =)
                              it pretty much lifts the cable higher up the stick making it so you do not have to throw it as far.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                              New people click here

Comment

does it really work?
                                Speed kills so save a life and drive domestic cars... haha

Comment

Working...
                                X