Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about OEM HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about OEM HID

I want to know can I use a 8000K light bulb D2S on a OEM HID? Also, I heard there is a break in period for the HID to be brighter on the OEM HID. Is that true? For example, my friend told me that he found out if you used the HID more than 100 Hrs. The light will become brighter then before.

Originally posted by Azncb7
    I want to know can I use a 8000K light bulb D2S on a OEM HID? Also, I heard there is a break in period for the HID to be brighter on the OEM HID. Is that true? For example, my friend told me that he found out if you used the HID more than 100 Hrs. The light will become brighter then before.
    What exactly do you mean "on a OEM HID?" Do you mean the projector? If so, then yes, you can can use an 8000k D2s bulb, but all you're gonna get is bright purple lights & barely any light to see the road with. I recommend you get 4100k or 4300k for great lighting. The higher the kelvin or "k", the less light you get and more color you'll recieve. Brightness also depends on the projector, ie e46 or the TSX projector.

As for you friends quote, not exactly true. Once you use your lights after a certain amount of hours, your bulbs "color shift", which means that you will get more color in the cut off, but you lose light, or lumens. Its not that dramatic of light loss, but it happens. HIDplanet.com has ALOT more info that you should read. Hope I helped.
    My Members Ride page!

Comment

You can use D2S on OEM projectors such as Audi/bimmer and such since that is what is recommended. The 8000K really isnt that bad for purple lighting. My friend had a set and it lit up decently well IMO. Better than your typical Bulb i would still have to say. But yea the person above me basically summed it up.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The one to talk to about this is h23akkord. He's the man and I bought his old HID setup. hella ballasts/phillips bulbs I belive.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco
          What exactly do you mean "on a OEM HID?" Do you mean the projector? If so, then yes, you can can use an 8000k D2s bulb, but all you're gonna get is bright purple lights & barely any light to see the road with. I recommend you get 4100k or 4300k for great lighting. The higher the kelvin or "k", the less light you get and more color you'll recieve. Brightness also depends on the projector, ie e46 or the TSX projector.

As for you friends quote, not exactly true. Once you use your lights after a certain amount of hours, your bulbs "color shift", which means that you will get more color in the cut off, but you lose light, or lumens. Its not that dramatic of light loss, but it happens. HIDplanet.com has ALOT more info that you should read. Hope I helped.
          OEM HID mean TSX , lexus, S2000, etc...I have 4300k, I was just wondering about the 8000K..

about the color shift..you mean it has like a time limited before it burn out?..

Comment

8k is pointless... it's not that much brighter than a halogen bulb... i.e. it isn't very luminous. stay between 4100 and 6000.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44344

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Azncb7
              OEM HID mean TSX , lexus, S2000, etc...I have 4300k, I was just wondering about the 8000K..

about the color shift..you mean it has like a time limited before it burn out?..
              I believe that HID bulbs have a life span... a certain amount of hours I think, Im not entirely sure though. After a certain amount of hours, the bulbs lose SOME light, but its not dramatic, but you do gain more color in the cutoff.. more blue/violet color.
              My Members Ride page!

Comment

kool, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                X