Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheels and Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels and Suspension

What's the best rim size for a 91 LX? I have 14"s right now and I'm not sure if I need to go 17"s or maybe higher. I also want to improve my handling through turns ar high speed and stabilize the car after 115 mph+ because afterwards it starts shaking a little. Does anyone have any products in mind?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

get some 16'' rota slips with a 215 55 and it will look good and handle good

Comment

16 inch rims are good for handling, but you should do what YOU want to do.

Comment

16" or 17", take a look at some of the other member's rides to get ideas.....
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
          get some 16'' rota slips with a 215 55 and it will look good and handle good
          I'm a little new to the scene so english please? rota slips? And what are the measurements for the 215 55? What I want for my car is for the wheel wells to be filled up a little more, and for the car to have improved handling. I'm not really looking for a drop, I mean really I'm neutral on the whole lower ride idea so if the wells are filled up and the car handles better then so be it. And I want the ride to be just as smooth as it is stock or better.

Comment

yeah, if I were you i'd do 15 or 16 in. rims. I'm ridin on 15 in. Rota slips with 205/50/R15s and my car goes around corners like no other!
            Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
            Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
            Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R
              I'm a little new to the scene so english please? rota slips? And what are the measurements for the 215 55? What I want for my car is for the wheel wells to be filled up a little more, and for the car to have improved handling. I'm not really looking for a drop, I mean really I'm neutral on the whole lower ride idea so if the wells are filled up and the car handles better then so be it. And I want the ride to be just as smooth as it is stock or better.
              go to rotawheels.com raota slipstreams is the name of the wheel there are others a 16''rim with 205\55 will be stock size just the rimm is bigger so you dont look like a monster truck for a good deal on rims go to jdmotorsports.com pe@ce

Comment

if you want to fill the fender gap and want improved handling, just get some 17" wheels with 205-40-17 size tires and some ebay coilovers with some agx shocks. if money is not an issue just get top of the line suspension like tein. lates.

Comment

Watsupz

Yeah im On 17's ryt now it looks gewd but i suggest 16's because of performance wise and U can slam ur car lower on 16's.

I-SR 6

Comment

that's true the car will be more slammed, but if he wants to fill the fender gap he's going to have to drop the car more compromising a comfortable ride. he can get 16's but will need to get a taller tire. maybe a 205-50-16. if he has good suspension then i guees it won't matter.lates

Comment

i have 205-40-17's and i think the handling and ride is better than that of the 205-60 -15 rims i had on it in the first place...if i were to get other wheels i probably would go 16 inch a bit wider and higher...maybe 205-50-16? i think they would look ok and ride a bit better and handle about the same....or how about 215-50-16? i wonder how they would look...

Comment

Funny how I can't "Test-Drive" all these combos..... So let me get this straight I get 17"s drop it slightly and I shouldn't compromise the ride right?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R
                          Funny how I can't "Test-Drive" all these combos..... So let me get this straight I get 17"s drop it slightly and I shouldn't compromise the ride right?
                          everytime you lower a car and get bigger size wheels, your ride will change. it depends on the type of suspension setup that will determine how much stiffer or bouncier your ride will be. if i were you, i would definately read up more on this site and others before you do anything to your car. the suspension faq on here is a good place to start.
                          click on the link below.
                          Easy Button

Comment

ride comfort usually depends mostly on tire profile (higher being better-thicker sidewall) and softer springs (usually taller-shorter springs have to be harder to have less travel since they are shorter)

so get a 2" drop on some soft springs

eibach sportlines...closest to OEM drop..i love mine..so smooth

Comment

Working...
                            X