Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bumper Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper Swap

I have a 90 lx 2dr 5spd. i want to swap to a 93 front bumper; will it match up or r there some mods? I searched and couldnt find a DIY. I did find how to attach the Type-R lip I'm getting though.

IF its just the bumper i dont really see any modification needed or not that i know of. Grill and headlights are different so those might be an issue so im not sure.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yes there is modification involved. As far as mounting goes, it will fit just like the '90-'91 but fitment is an issue. There is an area that protrudes at the grill because the '92-'93 grill is shorter. You can modify your current grill or the new bumper or just do a full '92-'93 front end.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

For a best look, fitment and less work, get a 92/93 bumper, bumper support, headlights and grille.

Ur swap willbe a piece of cake (minor modifications).

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
          For a best look, fitment and less work, get a 92/93 bumper, bumper support, headlights and grille.

Ur swap willbe a piece of cake (minor modifications).
          That would probly be your best bet, because I dont think modifiying the grill is worth the trouble, or the bumper for that matter. Better off getting it all done right with the right parts.

Comment

Yeah, I just finished costing it out (all lights and Type-R lip included) and decided to go ahead and do the full swap. I just have to wait now on the rear bumper and fenders (door sleeves might wait too). Hail damage is a bitch!!!!!!!!! and i took it off the road last month and knock my bumper mounts and cover loose its just half assed right now. Thanks for the info guys. If youre goin to do it go all the way!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=4849

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16532

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I swaped the 92 bumper, grill, and head lights to my 90 and had no porblems and needed no mods.

Looked good.
                Here are some pics B4 I did the bumper. (I did the mesh thing and didnt like it so I went with the 92 bumper)

BTW thats also the 92 hood.

Heres the mesh thing I did.

As you can see here. it looked like crap.

Here is the trunk lid and rear bumper from the 92.
                Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 04-09-2006, 09:45 PM.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually if you dont modify it theres gonna be a gap between the bumper and the grill which will make it look tacky. I dunno its up to you but i would keep the '91 Bumper and be unique and put my own magic to it.
                  Current Car:
                  1991 Accord LX
                  Mods: STOCK!
                  Future Plans:
                  Better All Red Tailights (i messed the driver side up bad!)
                  15" Rims and tires
                  Drop its about 2"
                  Amber sidemarkers
                  Amber turn signals
                  Lip spoilers
                  etc.

Comment

no mods when i did it but the fact that i bought a new aftermarket 92-93 bumper it was a pain to fit it over the 90-91 bumper support but i'd get the whole 92-93 front end (grill n headlights) before i put the bumper on if i were u

Comment

nice mesh! looks smooth!
                      Accord for sale: check classifieds!
                      4x100/4x114.3 Wheels: Check Parts for sale!

Comment

Working...
                      X