Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel experience

I have seen a few cars with multi spoke deep dish

I would love to put on my car the str 520 17x9 20 offset
    Please if any has something similar to it? Let me know if i it would fit perfectly

It won't fit "perfectly." You will need some fender work done, maybe some spacers so you don't hit the knuckle. The rears may fit well but the fronts will definitely have to be cambered out

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=3244595

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Stock offset is around +45. 25mm is nearly one full inch. Doesn't seem like much, but that inch will result in some serious stress on your wheel bearings. With a 9" wide wheel, you most likely will not clear your fenders.

Can they fit? That depends on what you consider "fit" to mean. If your goal is to poke your wheels out beyond the fenders, then camber them in like crazy to clear... then they'll "fit". Most people around here think that looks absolutely ridiculous, and it's really not very safe to drive like that... but you can make it "fit", in a very loose sense of the word.

Comment

17x9 +15

To fit these wheels, you will need to increase the amount of negative camber. You will also need to roll and pull your fenders.

Can they fit? Yes.
        Will they fit easily? No.

Comment

17x9's look great. might need to buy some new eurolines, mine are only 17x8+40's
          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Cb7 in process

Thank you guys i don't want to use any camber
            What about 17x8 20 offset

Comment

That's still a pretty aggressive offset. I would say anything more than +30 on an 8 inch wheel will require fender work and negative camber to not rub. Look through this thread if you haven't already. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=33110&page=28

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

antonypalma21, read what I said above regarding the stock offset. Do a little studying and measuring to understand the CB7's suspension design, how much clearance you have, and how the stock wheels fit. Understand how offset works, and how varying offsets and wheel widths will work on your car. It's all measuring. Mathematics. You don't need opinions. What you need are numbers, and the proper understanding of them.

If your car is lowered, or you plan on lowering it, then correcting the camber is going to add an extra variable.

Comment

wheel experience

Thank you Guys... i don't have any experience with wheels and tires!... will defenetly want to get a set and the right ones before it gets coilover and cambered... i want to keep my wheels straight even lowered.

Comment

I'd recommend getting the coilovers and camber corrections done first. That way you can more easily gauge what will "fit." And you can get your suspension refreshed too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      I'd recommend getting the coilovers and camber corrections done first.
                      I agree. You have lot's of options with wheel/tire combo's, but a certain amount of drop is going to effect your suspension in a certain way. Much easier to make the wheel fit the suspension parameters than the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X