Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

subaru srx sti recaro seats and Honda s2000 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subaru srx sti recaro seats and Honda s2000 seats

How hard is it to install subaru srx sti Recaro seats?
    How hard is it to install hOnda s2000 seats?
    Which is easier to do and which are more comfortable?

Seat Swap FAQ

Any seat swap is not going to be simple and will require fabrication work. Unfortunately there aren't a whole ton of DIYs online.

For now assume both seats are equally hard. Comfort is subjective, sit in both seats and make an assessment.

Comment

It's not hard at all just make sure you get the rails and modify it yourself and correct the proper height with washers lockwashers and good grade bolts and nuts

Comment

Rule of thumb: If your first question is "how hard", it's too hard.

For the sake of safety, you must secure all 4 seats properly on all 4 corners. This may require some welding. Is welding hard for you?

Comment

Sounds like you need some seat time.

Why not lumina recaros?
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know Luminas had Recaro seats as an option! Man, those are some bolster-less Recaros!

Comment

They are quite slim, would fit well in a Honda.

My personal preference is 92-99 Pontiac Bonneville seats. Have blue cloth version in both of my b-bodies.

If I have to get another Honda I'd try to fit them in. Very comfortable and hold you tight as well.

Comment

Wow... screw Recaro... La-Z-Boy is the way to go!

Comment

Guess I should answer the question. You'll have to modify the seat rails to mate up with the floor mounts in the Accord. This will require bending metal, drilling holes in and grinding said metal; Likely some angle iron and flat stock from Home Depot. Or if you're really cheap, like me, cruise yard sales and the like for old bed frames, cheap source of angle iron to make brackets and things.

You could buy aftermarket seat mounting frames made for putting race-car type seats in cars. More money but more of a bolt together type of deal.

Do your research. Best help you got is yourself.

Comment

Its pretty easy and straight foward. Im sure once you remobe those seats or look at them you going to tell yourself that you possibly will need a welder to weld custom brackets or weld relocation plates.

I did try del sol seats into 98 accord and man where they super low. Id assume the s2k seats are close to del sol seats too. But them again Im only 5'-6" so yeah. Last thing I wanna do is look like a little kid driving a car. When those hot ladies drive next to you its like hey im not that short holla back

Comment

Working...
                    X