Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

When I lower my car it rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I lower my car it rubs

When I lower my car It rubs on top of the fender. When I see other cb7s they're lower then I and they do not rub. All I have on them are like 15x7 Honda rims in the front which is the part that rubs. If you need a pic I can show you.

What's your setup? How low are you going? Are you using anything to correct your camber? What's the wheel offset? Tire size? We need a little more data.

Comment

Roll your fender?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
        What's your setup? How low are you going? Are you using anything to correct your camber? What's the wheel offset? Tire size? We need a little more data.
        The only fix for this is to spend real money on the vehicle, drive it stock height until you have $1000 burning a hole in your pocket. (Better yet $1300 to afford camber kits and alignment as well).

Your cheap eBay generic coil overs and Gabriel OEM replacement strut option is why your tires rub. You can't expect to go as low on your $200 setup as someone who is riding on a $1800 rolling package.

Also expect your Gabriel struts to be damaged or blown if you are hitting hard enough to go to bump stops and have tire/metal contact.

Obviously you aren't going low for the performance aspect or you would have used performance parts. Going low on cheap parts is fine as long as you don't drive the car, but if you drive it you are putting yourself, and everyone around you in danger.

How long until your inner fender eats the tire up until it explodes on the highway bumps sending you careening into another driver?

Did you forget this thread you started OP?
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200184

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          The only fix for this is to spend real money on the vehicle, drive it stock height until you have $1000 burning a hole in your pocket. (Better yet $1300 to afford camber kits and alignment as well).

Your cheap eBay generic coil overs and Gabriel OEM replacement strut option is why your tires rub. You can't expect to go as low on your $200 setup as someone who is riding on a $1800 rolling package.

Also expect your Gabriel struts to be damaged or blown if you are hitting hard enough to go to bump stops and have tire/metal contact.

Obviously you aren't going low for the performance aspect or you would have used performance parts. Going low on cheap parts is fine as long as you don't drive the car, but if you drive it you are putting yourself, and everyone around you in danger.

How long until your inner fender eats the tire up until it explodes on the highway bumps sending you careening into another driver?

Did you forget this thread you started OP?
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200184
          Are you really quoting my shit from a year ago. I have function and form type 1 coilovers now. I know why its rubbing its because i was gonna just lower it on stock rims and tires and theres not enough clearance because the tire is fucking huge i didnt pay attention to the tire size which is 195-65-15 Im getting my avids tires and theyre gonna be 205-45-16 all around then im going to drop it about an inch to and inch and half and boom ill be good I've already researched it. Also your point is invalid bill because my friend is running stock struts with skunk2 adjustable sleeves on his accord (2001) and his struts arent blown and he has a great ride. And he isn't rubbing its because of my tire.

Comment

205/45/16 is WAY too small, dude! A 205/45 tire is appropriate for a 17" wheel!

Also, Bill quoted you from a year ago because you gave no new information in this post. Rather than getting an attitude with him, you should probably thank him for taking the time to actually go looking back in your posts for more info about your setup!

Your current tire is slightly too large. Stock spec is 195/60/15. Getting a proper tire size (not undersized) should work fine. If you rub with a proper tire size, then something is wrong. Either your wheels are the wrong offset, you are far too low, or there is something seriously wrong with your suspension.

Also, if you ever want anyone to take you seriously around here, don't ever refer to blown stock struts and crap coilovers as having a "great ride". That is dangerous as hell, and your friend is an idiot.

Comment

post pictures.

a side shot and angled front and rear shot ( aka take a picture from the front but in a way so that both front and rear wheels are viewable)

take off one of your front wheels. take a picture of how it looks. post it all here.

I'm making you do this extra work because you seem to insult bil when you didn't provide any information.

rub while you drive? When slowing down? when turning?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Also, Bill quoted you from a year ago because you gave no new information in this post. Rather than getting an attitude with him, you should probably thank him for taking the time to actually go looking back in your posts for more info about your setup!

Your current tire is slightly too large. Stock spec is 195/60/15. Getting a proper tire size (not undersized) should work fine. If you rub with a proper tire size, then something is wrong. Either your wheels are the wrong offset, you are far too low, or there is something seriously wrong with your suspension.

Also, if you ever want anyone to take you seriously around here, don't ever refer to blown stock struts and crap coilovers as having a "great ride". That is dangerous as hell, and your friend is an idiot.
                I'm actually getting 195-45-16 for that stretch bro. And PS everyone I've figured the problem out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Oh yeah my dad has 205-35-17 on his 92 wagon drove from Georgia no problem. Also please explain to me how adjustable sleeves Almost the exact same thing as fucking lowering springs which go on stock struts are dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by SleeppyAccord View Post
                    Also your point is invalid bill because my friend is running stock struts with skunk2 adjustable sleeves on his accord (2001) and his struts arent blown and he has a great ride. And he isn't rubbing its because of my tire.
                    This has gotta be one of the most sad and blatant examples of lack of knowledge I've seen in a while on here. Dude, for one, if you've been here for a year then at a few different times you've had to come across skunk2's rep with their struts and sleeves for our car. Two, even if you haven't seen that, I KNOW you've had to come across threads explaining why lowering on stock struts is bad. And as far as the tires being too small there's also the matter of you're sidewall being smaller for a 16 inch wheel. I don't know why you wanna look like you're riding on matchbox car wheels in the first place. That's pretty much how it'll look with small profile and a stretch. You and your friend wanna look like the cool kids with expensive set ups but the difference between them and you and your friend is their cars will still be on the road and yours will be in a ditch.

But clearly by all your "did it with no problem" comments you're the kind of person that has to have it happen to you first before you listen. Good luck.

The Facebook group

Comment

Oh yeah my dad has 205-35-17 on his 92 wagon drove from Georgia no problem. Also please explain to me how adjustable sleeves Almost the exact same thing as fucking lowering springs which go on stock struts are dangerous.
                      Easy:
                      The stock shock is over 20 years old and will blow seals pretty quickly with any type of lowering setup, even cut stock springs. Do you know what happens to vehicle stability when you blow a shock?

Adjustable sleeves don't determine the type of spring, they just move the springs settling point, therefore sleeves do not equal lowering springs.

Any spring with a higher rate on stock shocks will put more stress on them.

Even new, stock rated shocks will blow with enough lowering.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        Easy:
                        The stock shock is over 20 years old and will blow seals pretty quickly with any type of lowering setup, even cut stock springs. Do you know what happens to vehicle stability when you blow a shock?

Adjustable sleeves don't determine the type of spring, they just move the springs settling point, therefore sleeves do not equal lowering springs.

Any spring with a higher rate on stock shocks will put more stress on them.

Even new, stock rated shocks will blow with enough lowering.
                        That.
                        Thank you, sonikaccord. I missed his rude demand. Your response was far more pleasant than he would've gotten from me.

Comment

just let them rub. all the cool kids are doing it.

Comment

This is why. When you have those piece of shit sleeves on a stock strut, the downward travel (like when you hit a pothole) basically leaves the spring floating until the car weight is back on it. And it snaps. And you crash cause your wheel locked up in the fender. Why it's dangerous is because if it fails you endanger other people with your shitty, cheap, selfish decision to ride with a terrible suspension set up, dude. And sleeves aren't made to be put on stock struts like you stated. The stock springs are meant to be put on stock struts. Just cause they fit doesn't mean they work, my foot fits in my trashcan but I don't wear it as a shoe.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post

Just cause they fit doesn't mean they work, my foot fits in my trashcan but I don't wear it as a shoe.

Chris

can i use this in my sig??

Comment

Working...
                              X