Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering springs and other suspension

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering springs and other suspension

im looking for an effect way to lower my cb on a low budget does anyone trust ebay parts

No. eBay suspension/ no name brand suspension should not be trusted. Don't cheap out on suspension; or you will be putting you and everyone around you on the road in danger. Save up your money and buy from a good quality company.

Comment

EBay is a marketplace not a manufacturer.

If you're talking about the $50 coilover sleeves on eBay then no the vast majority of the people here will pass. Truhart and lotek are also considered junk, skunk2, d2 are as well.

The cheapest way would be f&f type 1 coilovers but then the odds are you'll have to refresh the entire suspension from tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints, camber camber kits depending how low you want to go and then there's bushings that are probably worn out and an alignment when all is said and done...

Brands like koni, h&r, neuspeed, tein, tanabe, eibach, ground control are the most trusted ones when it comes to our cars because they take the time to research and develop.

Read over the suspension section especially the stickies for more info.

Good luck
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
        EBay is a marketplace not a manufacturer.

If you're talking about the $50 coilover sleeves on eBay then no the vast majority of the people here will pass. Truhart and lotek are also considered junk, skunk2, d2 are as well.

The cheapest way would be f&f type 1 coilovers but then the odds are you'll have to refresh the entire suspension from tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints, camber camber kits depending how low you want to go and then there's bushings that are probably worn out and an alignment when all is said and done...

Brands like koni, h&r, neuspeed, tein, tanabe, eibach, ground control are the most trusted ones when it comes to our cars because they take the time to research and develop. Or they buy from companies that do... I'm pretty sure that ground control just uses eibach springs

Read over the suspension section especially the stickies for more info.

Good luck
        Just added some info, ground control does not actually make their springs, they are purchased through eibach for their coilovers.

Comment

Do yall by chance now anything about the set jdmcarboy.com has its 80 bucks they are just lowering springs

Comment

There are a million companies like that on eBay selling the same low quality trash that will get you and whomever else is riding in the car possibly killed. If you can't afford real parts, especially when it comes to suspension, wait til you can.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Alright well any recommendations on brand and could I only get springs

Comment

Tein, Ground Control, Neuspeed, etc there's a vast number of brands.

Springs that are too aggressive will blow your OEM shocks if they aren't bad already and you will have a bouncy yet harsh ride. It will only look good standing still.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

What would be a good spring rate for a nice ride I know im asking alot I just wanna make sure I'm not going to get something too soft

Comment

The spring rate you want all depends on what you plan on using the car for. How low do you want to go? What will be the main purpose of the car? (low and slow, just somewhat lowered, occasional track day, etc).

If you are replacing the springs, you need shocks to pair with them as well. Stock shocks will be pretty much useless in a matter of days if you put lowering springs on them. Expect to spend around $450+ for a quality suspension setup.

Comment

A solid choice for a budget setup would be Koni STR.Ts and Eibach Pro springs.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I am trying out Vogtland springs, not a crazy drop but changes the look a bit and if you look around it can be had for about $160 shipped. Have yet to test them since I am still on jack stands but I have heard many good things.
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I figured about a 2 inch drop is all I want its goin to be a dd and semi show car when im done so I guess and is the suspension the same as the 94 to 97 accords
                          Last edited by rayrayrocket; 03-11-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

Comment

Working...
                            X