Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Steering wheel covering issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel covering issue.

I have a 92 EX sedan with SRS.The foam that makes up the steering wheel has come loose from the internal metal ring.I was wondering if anyone had a fix or somehow removed,refoamed,and wrapped their steering wheel.I'm not sure what to do because I can't find a good steering wheel with SRS and cruise control.

You can't just get another steering wheel from a junkyard, or get a prelude steering wheel. Or better yet, a cheap steering wheel cover from wasn't or something.

Comment

upgrade to an Acura Vigor (92-94) leather wrapped wheel. It'll bolt right on and the cruise control will as well. It also has a cancel button on it that'll plug and play directly to the CB's connector.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

^ that would be a good option.

Can S2000 wheels be used on CBs? I know they can fit on CDs, and I figured they might on CDs. Because they are one of the best OEm wheels in my opinion, and really spruce up the interior of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
          ^ that would be a good option.

Can S2000 wheels be used on CBs? I know they can fit on CDs, and I figured they might on CDs. Because they are one of the best OEm wheels in my opinion, and really spruce up the interior of the car.
          have to swap in an OBD2 (96'+) steering column in

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

syringe super glue leather tong wrap.

Comment

The foam has come loose from the steel ring that makes up the steering wheel.Wrapping it won't stop it from twisting and sliding on the ring.Using any form of super glues will dissolve the foam.I can't find any CB7 wheels here that are in good condition and swapping to an OBDII wheel is out of the question.This car is going back to stock from being hacked up.I'm trying to prevent more problems from cropping up by modifying the car.once the car is back to factory standards, and running properly,I'll consider mods.

Comment

Originally posted by EscCtrl View Post
                The foam has come loose from the steel ring that makes up the steering wheel.Wrapping it won't stop it from twisting and sliding on the ring.Using any form of super glues will dissolve the foam.I can't find any CB7 wheels here that are in good condition and swapping to an OBDII wheel is out of the question.This car is going back to stock from being hacked up.I'm trying to prevent more problems from cropping up by modifying the car.once the car is back to factory standards, and running properly,I'll consider mods.
                superglue aint gonna dissolve that foam lol, but whateva.. wish hard maybe itll fix itsself

Comment

I would also say just to try the super glue and if it doesn't work u are only out a couple of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                  X