Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Acura Legend Lip-Sedan vs Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Legend Lip-Sedan vs Coupe

I know the favorable lip is form the 91-93 coupes, however ive heard of people using the 94-95 Sedan lip as well. Anyone seen this lip? From what i gathered the dip in the middle of the lip itself is wider on the 94-95 Sedan in comparison to the older 91-93, so it doesnt look as good. If anyone has actually seen this or has a picture of an installtion, would love to see it. Reason being its hard as hell to find a Legend coupe with its lip in tact at the local junkyards, and im not a fan of the gap thats left when installing a 91-93 Sedan lip.

i was under the impression that any sedan lip gave you gaps on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
      i was under the impression that any sedan lip gave you gaps on the side.
      So was I, but I read a few places that it doesnt. On the other hand if it does, its not as bad as the earlier 91-93 Sedans. Thats the main reason why i was to see pictures of it to make sure. I dont mind a slight gap, but ones ive seen where the 91-93 Sedan lip is used is pretty noticable.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5360

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Thanks. Ended up getting one and installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by TriniCB7 View Post
            Thanks. Ended up getting one and installing it.

LOOKS GOOD! From what i can see, the gap looks almost non existent
            Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
            The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
              LOOKS GOOD! From what i can see, the gap looks almost non existent
              Yea it basically lines right up with the edge of the bumper. Just had to use the trusty C clamp to hold it down while you form it to the bumper contours.

Comment

Looks Good I am in need of a new Lip, mine looked good on my 90/91 bumper but it got screwed up on my 92/93, I can avoid the parking curbs but when it comes to driveway's around my town it's just rough on the lip and so I learn very quickly where the low area's are so I can go at them at a angle or very slowly, so in a sense I feel like a lowered Cb sometimes.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                Do it once, do it right.
                Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                Missing My
                White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
                  Looks Good I am in need of a new Lip, mine looked good on my 90/91 bumper but it got screwed up on my 92/93, I can avoid the parking curbs but when it comes to driveway's around my town it's just rough on the lip and so I learn very quickly where the low area's are so I can go at them at a angle or very slowly, so in a sense I feel like a lowered Cb sometimes.
                  So far (knock on wood) I havent had any scraping issues. I didnt slam the car on purpose, because i knew it would become a problem with the lip. If these lips were easier to find where i live maybe I would of scooped up a few and lowered the front a bit more and have some on the shelves waiting.

Comment

You can get the lip to look very nice if you use a heat gun and form in the corners too.

Comment

Working...
                    X