Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how do i make my bumper lights stay on and blink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i make my bumper lights stay on and blink?

I've seen accords with the bumper lights on and when they turn their flickers they blink.
    Just wondering how do you do it?
    I tried connecting the corner light one to the bumper light but the corner light turns off.

I used brake light sockets to accommodate an 1157 bulb and the extra wire spliced to the constant on wire in the corner light.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Do not cross single function bulb sockets with multi function sockets.

All your gonna do is blow fuses.

Find yourself a pair of eg civic tail light sockets, they fit snug into our bumper lights and seal out the weather.

Or you can be cheapER and just get a set of multi function sockets that will just let dirt and water right in.

Single function being drls or blinker only

Multi function being blinkers+drl

Last thing you want to do is short out your wires and fry multiple fuses and relays

Comment

Remove the ground side from the bulb and wire it to parking light red/blk wire. This lets it blink normally during the day, and at night light up constant but turning off to blink. Bad part is that is very bright to have on constantly.

You would better off to do what Quashish recommended.
        Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

so i remove the ground from the corner light one and connect it to the bumper light red/black one? is it bad for it to be bright constantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
            I used brake light sockets to accommodate an 1157 bulb and the extra wire spliced to the constant on wire in the corner light.

Do you have a vid of what they look like at night etc? Ive been wanting to do this for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinjrcb View Post
              so i remove the ground from the corner light one and connect it to the bumper light red/black one? is it bad for it to be bright constantly?
              No here's the diy http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=civic

Originally posted by smac View Post
              Do you have a vid of what they look like at night etc? Ive been wanting to do this for awhile.
              No I've been meaning to make a video of my car in general. It just works like a brake light that gets brighter to signal. It allows the bumper lights to be on at like a half power (one filament) then when you signal it powers the second filament as well.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                No here's the diy http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=civic

No I've been meaning to make a video of my car in general. It just works like a brake light that gets brighter to signal. It allows the bumper lights to be on at like a half power (one filament) then when you signal it powers the second filament as well.
                That's exactly how I had mine set up. One of the first DIY style mods I did back in like...2002. I used a 3rd gen Accord tail light socket as they were still widely available in junkyards.

I remember searching for the exact right hyperwhite bulb to look white/blue in the low filament and still work, plus the blue reflection in the reflector looked amazing during the day...it was the early 2000's and that was "the look" to have.

I had strobe lights in there as well...the good old days.

Comment

I would still do strobe lights somewhere sneaky to turn red lights green.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I have done this mod really simple mine is the white one with the lights on of course

Comment

DiYs

Always check that.

Comment

Working...
                      X