Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Installing Teins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Teins

wah gwawn bredrins

i have a 91 Cb3 accord and installed some teins on it.. but i wonder if i had installed them in correctly

i put the longer springs on the back and shorter ones on the front... but the ride feels a bit on the soft side... im usin kyb gas shocks....

i knw this sounds nooobish..so no flamin im askin for guidance.............

Originally posted by KRITIK View Post
    wah gwawn bredrins

i have a 91 Cb3 accord and installed some teins on it.. but i wonder if i had installed them in correctly

i put the longer springs on the back and shorter ones on the front... but the ride feels a bit on the soft side... im usin kyb gas shocks....

i knw this sounds nooobish..so no flamin im askin for guidance.............

Did your springs come with Instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Did your springs come with Instructions?
      nope.. boxed was opened and hacked up.. springs looked new..or well cleaned

Comment

lol @ feet pic, classic.

Many people who have the Teins claim that they are 'soft.' Were you expecting a harsh ride?

I believe the progressive (longer) spring does go in the rear. The rear springs really determine how the car feels as far as harshness goes and since they are progress, they'll feel soft when you're cruising but as soon as you start loading them (cornering, accelerating, etc.) they become stiffer as they compress.

Also, are the kyb's adjustable?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If the KYB's are the GR-2's, then it's going to be a soft ride or super bouncy depending on the springrate of the teins. those shocks are designed as stock replacements (and also what I was on for a while because I got them cheap!)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I think i put the shorter ones in the back.... its been so long i can't remember.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Short up front and long on the rear. Tein springs are soft because they are designed for comfort.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

It depends on what springs they are. Tein has more than one offering for us.

If they're lower than 1.5", don't expect those KYBs to last very long. They're better than stock, but not made for a drop lower than 1.5". At least most of Tein's spring offerings are fairly soft in terms of spring rate, so that shouldn't be a major issue.

There's no F and R on the springs? Most quality springs are marked front and rear, just so people don't get confused.
                Did you buy these from a reputable source? Tein has been a major target for knockoff companies... you may have gotten cheap junk made to look like Tein products

Comment

The spring on the right is the rear

The spring on the left is the front

Comment

close up of the numbers on springs ... they are marked clearly with an and F and R..... so i guess they are on correctly... wen my kybs are blown i may save up for the kyg agx

Comment

AGX isn't made for anything lower than 1.5" either. I learned that the hard way myself with my first setup!
                      Koni Yellows, man.

Comment

list of some mods done:
                        CF4 F20 SOHC Swap..+ Gearbox
                        CF4 break upgrade...
                        walbro intank........
                        teins
                        energy suspension full front upgrade.....
                        3" cold air intake...........

how she sat after aloghtment stand.........

some runs
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiihzDISa4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ue4aZdK0ps

this vid shows hw bouncy the back is
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhsNTv-pKFU

Comment

If this turns into a "hey, look at my car" thread, it's going to get deleted.

Comment

^^^^^hopefully it won't get there ^^^^

so, OP springs are in and aligned and that pic is of how the car looks now?

if so, now you can do a members ride thread and show it off!!!!
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X