Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

air bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air bags

i was looking into airbags for my next accord.. i came across d2 basic kit

anybody running airbags??

i could use more info to learn some more

customlowz is

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

I do not trust D2 as a suspension company. their stuff is the cheapest of the cheap chinese shit.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        I do not trust D2 as a suspension company. their stuff is the cheapest of the cheap chinese shit.
        i hear that alot haha im just looking around to see what my spending will be..

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
          customlowz is
          He WAS... he sold that car many, many moons ago. Like... 2008...

doughboy415 is on air... and the man isn't one to cheap out on crappy parts. I'd look up his ride and see what he uses.

Comment

thanks^^

im noticing that imma have to get my pockets ready for this

i love to be slammed just for looks but driving around like that isnt all that fun so thats why im considering it.

Comment

I've only seen one bagged CB7 in person (cb7dazz), and he said he was constantly blowing out his bags. He blew one at the last meet I saw him at. Spent the whole meet changing it out so he could make the 90 minute drive home! I don't know if he had cheap crap or not, though. Bags on a daily driver might not be the most reliable option (something to look into carefully before committing.) If you get bags, definitely hang on to your current shocks and springs in case you need to swap back. Bringing them with you (along with tools) on a long trip might also be wise.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I've only seen one bagged CB7 in person (cb7dazz), and he said he was constantly blowing out his bags. He blew one at the last meet I saw him at. Spent the whole meet changing it out so he could make the 90 minute drive home! I don't know if he had cheap crap or not, though. Bags on a daily driver might not be the most reliable option (something to look into carefully before committing.) If you get bags, definitely hang on to your current shocks and springs in case you need to swap back. Bringing them with you (along with tools) on a long trip might also be wise.
                my father was saying the same thing about having it as a daily driver.lol.well im still not sure. sounds like it can become pricey soo ill see.

thanks for the help

Comment

Don't buy cheap bags. I had a daily driven body dropped S-10 years ago and after blowing a few cheap ones I upgraded and never had a problem. Air bags are not a bad or unreliable way to go by any means, but they are not a cheap way to go either. Think about it, tractor trailers run them. I drive a tractor everyday that has over a million miles on the original bags. Just food for thought. I am on dirt roads daily with it and no problems but cheap bags will cause problems quick. Like anything else you get what you pay for.

Comment

Tractor trailer bags are designed to last, and to put up with many thousands of miles before needing to be rebuilt or replaced. Stuff made for tuner cars (especially stuff made to fit old Accords) surely isn't made up to the same standard, though!

But yes, even if the options are limited and not always the best, there will certainly be better (more expensive) and worse (cheap shit)

Comment

I've had everything from bagged imports to a bagged dually. It really all depends really on install. If you buy good compressors and valves, make sure your wiring is good....they are pretty reliable. My old boss many had a cb7 on cans in the early 2000's he drove daily. It was front/back/sea swa/pancake, and dog leg with the window squirter in the back wheel. when you oulled it up, you could piss water out the back wheel well. Usally if the bags bust, you have rubbed something against them. The last import I bagged was a prelude. 40,000 daily driven miles with no issues. A lot of the airbag company's have changed hands omponents we the years, I used to get all mine custom built from a guy in charleston sc, but have had ok luck with chassis tech stuff, or if you got a business licence, low rider depot. My last s-10 was arms, and 4 link, no body bushings, and raised cross members. and it was low. I lost the front bumper, rear roll pan, lower bed sides, gas tank (x2) and finally drug two holes in the frame. But that was what it's built for.

My gripe was frozen valves in the winter and having to wait on air in the morning, but a remote start and using the exhaust solved my my probblems. If you have your valves inside, they usally don't freeze in winter

I will be bagging my 65 tbird hopefully next year, and if I could of layed out o.y wheel/tire set up, I would of kept the air ride I had for my cb9....which was a modded life set up
                      Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM.

Comment

It amazes me how much goes into such a setup. It's not like most suspension setups that you can just slap on there (though plenty of people do that without doing the proper research too.) As with any suspension system, air is no different... do it right, with quality components and a proper install, and it will work as you want it to for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          It amazes me how much goes into such a setup. It's not like most suspension setups that you can just slap on there (though plenty of people do that without doing the proper research too.) As with any suspension system, air is no different... do it right, with quality components and a proper install, and it will work as you want it to for a long time.
                          Truth. I've fixed many of bad bag installs. The most common is the bag rubs something causing the bag to pop. The bag changes size as it goes up and down. Why people don't cycle them through when installing, I don't know. You have to put it together, and make sure it clears with the weight of the car on it. Just because it clears off the ground dosent mean it will clear when the wheels are on.

The worst one I fixed was on a civic. The kid ran all the air lines inside the car. It made for a super clean install. Everything was in the spare tire well. But it kept blowing up compressors from heat and the right front bag was slow to fill. After hours of trouble shooting, when he pulled his carpet to run the lines, he got it all down, but when he bolted his passenger seat back down, it pinched the line. So out the interior came.

Another big thing (not really a issue on a cb) having the wrong bags. You want to install the biggest bag you can physically fit. It's simple, more volume=more lift, but also means you can run lower psi at ride height. Meaning a much better ride. If you got 120+psi in the front bags, better find something to hold to, because its going to ride like a covered wagon. Also the "I got a 50 gallon tank" yeah it's kick ass when full, but takes for ever to recover an to fill on start up. Make sure your compressors can fill your tank in a reasonable amount of time. If you can set a good ride height, and just want to let it up/down every so often, you may want to look into a nitrogen set up, 1 tank, no compressors. This also works well if you are going to play with the bags hard on one day. As a tank will usally last a full day at a show hitting the shit out of the switches.

Comment

What about air cylinders. Wouldn't those be better for hour cars as they are direct fitment. A little bit of harsh ride but still probably alot easier to bolt in.

Comment

Yeah you can use cans (cylinders), that's what my old boss mans accord was om years ago. Air struts also bolt in too.

Comment

Working...
                              X