Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

good lowering springs...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good lowering springs...?

i have ebay loweruing springs on right now and my front one are bottomed out and they succkkkk!!!!! just wonder what everyone is running and how far it dropped your car. i want to tuck a little bit of tire. not rim! i dont want to spend more that about 150/200. please help!

the fact that you are posting in appearance and not in suspension section tells me a lot... heres a little help finding it

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=17

your probably going to have to broaden your budget

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

i like tein. s-techs ride good, lower a good bit and only cost somewhere around 200.
      COUPE K24

Comment

yeah true, Im also riding on S techs, but chances are high this dude is on blown shocks which is why they are bottoming out. that's where his budget is broken. still gunna bounce and sway even with good springs if the struts are wasted.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

For you guys with the teins ,, have you used the H&Rs ? If so which ones feel better ?
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Okay so I just put tenzo r drop springs on and it rides really well. One thing I noticed though is it depends on what kind of shocks you have how low the springs drop you. I was running kyb gr2's and it was super low very close to being slammed. But I just installed TruHart racing shocks and it raised it up to about a 2 inch drop. I am very pleased with the TruHart shocks and tenzo drop springs. Together they make a very nice set up.

Comment

it wouldnt let me post in suspension thread... i tried. and should i ride on stock struts on lowering spring? if not what are some good struts to run on?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_honda_jon View Post
                it wouldnt let me post in suspension thread... i tried. and should i ride on stock struts on lowering spring? if not what are some good struts to run on?
                Well you can't post in there dude cause you don't have 30 posts, but research you can do.

The type of springs you get will be determined by your struts and weather they can handle them. Most people on here preach Koni yellows for struts.

Make sure you read that suspension index thread with everything you need to know about springs and struts then make your decision... Check a few MRT's to see what the rresults of some combos are.

Happy hunting
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

TruHart? There's no way in hell I'd put that shit on my car.

Do some research. Don't just buy crap because it sounds good. Buy quality brands that are made to handle both your drop and your spring rate. The "sticky" threads in the suspension section of this forum will tell you the basics. Read that stuff, and stop wasting your money on garbage.

Quashish meant the Beginner Tech/Performance section. Usually, whenever we get suspension questions in the appearance section, it's because the owner of the car wanted to be slammmmmededed... and doesn't know or care about the actual mechanical effects of lowering their vehicle.

Comment

Yeah my bad i forgot there's not technically a "beginner suspension" section.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Yeah. When I bought the car I just wanted to get low. And now that I'm making a little bit of money I want a good ride. I'm buying skunk2 lowering springs thru my work for cheap so any suggestions on struts. Just put 2 Monroe struts on the front to try and help.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_honda_jon View Post
                        Yeah. When I bought the car I just wanted to get low. And now that I'm making a little bit of money I want a good ride. I'm buying skunk2 lowering springs thru my work for cheap so any suggestions on struts. Just put 2 Monroe struts on the front to try and help.
                        c'mon Bro dont ask for advice if your not gonna take it, Skunk2 is Garbage...Monroe= Garbage

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

Read up bro. thats what I did, its a little out of date with some brands impossible to find but still applies

I got koni Str.t's (oranges) for $300 but I'm sure Living in the US you could find them cheaper and I went with Neuspeed Sports because I got a good deal on them but dont forget to upgrade the rest of your suspension or else things may start going bad.

I'm no expert nor am I claiming to be but this stuff is preached all over here.
                        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                        1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

thanks bud... this is just my daily and the person i bout it from had ebay springs on it. ive been moving the springs around and playing with it and the springs arent good at all. the spring rate is garbage. im still new to the whole forum thing.

Comment

Skunk2 springs aren't very different from the "ebay" crap. Skunk2 doesn't care about Accords, so all their Accord parts are generic garbage. Don't waste your money.
                            The thread Jking72 linked to will tell you everything you need to know about the quality springs that are on the market for our cars. H&R and Neuspeed are the favorites around here... high quality, reasonable spring rates, and both companies have some good history behind them (long before the 2000-era import craze erupted.)

Comment

Damn you are all quick to jump on the brand bashing bandwagon. Yes skunk2 coilover sleeves and their struts have proved to be pretty bad. But I don't see anything wrong with their springs. They provide about a 2" drop, have a progressive spring rate of 500lbs in the front and 300 in the rear at their stiffest compression. Not much else to it. If you can get a good price on them, and you know what you are getting, I would say go for it.

Also Monroe is not "garbage" they are an inexpensive OE replacement. Just because they are not meant for lowering springs does not make them junk. At least the OP attempted to fix his issue, albeit with poorly matched struts.

Unfortunately finding struts to match those springs will most likely cost a lot more than the springs. The only struts that I can think of off the top of my head that can handle those spring rates would be koni yellows, bilsteins, or kyb agx's. Koni Strt's will probably hold up for a while simply due to their quality, but ultimately would not be matched very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X