Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

spring and sturt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring and sturt question

I'm about to lower my CB7. I'm looking at the Koni STR.T struts and Neuspeed Race Springs. I'm wondering how this setup will ride. I used to have an 89 Civic with Monroe struts and Eibach Pro-kit springs. If this setup will ride anywhere close to that I will be happy. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Since this is an Accord forum you're going to be hard pressed to find someone who is an EF owner as well. IIRC Koni STR.Ts are not meant for that big of a drop. You might want to try Neuspeed Sports or maybe go back to your Eibach Pro-Kit
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Correct. They really aren't meant for that drop. If you want to go with Race springs, use Koni Yellows.

However, if you thought Monroe struts provided a good ride with ANY aftermarket spring, then perhaps you have low standards. I wouldn't wipe my ass with Monroe struts. They're worthless junk.

Comment

Pm Mitsubishiv5. He had a ef civic and might be able to help you

Comment

All the most usable setups for the cb are on this site over and over. If I knew them all I would say it... I do know my current favorite is tokico blues with tokico springs. It's a great ride and a non car enthusiast can't really tell its lowered like maybe 1 or 2 inches stock look I still have huge wheel well gaps. It depends on how low you want/need to go. The f&f setup seems to be the favorite. Basicly if there isn't a post saying it works great it probably doesn't.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
            Pm Mitsubishiv5. He had a ef civic and might be able to help you
            You didn't bother reading the first post at all, did you? This thread isn't about an EF Civic. If it was, I'd have deleted it already. He merely said he once had an EF Civic, and mentioned his experience with the suspension on that car.
            Please read before confusing anyone, or wasting their time. Or mine.

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
            All the most usable setups for the cb are on this site over and over. If I knew them all I would say it... I do know my current favorite is tokico blues with tokico springs. It's a great ride and a non car enthusiast can't really tell its lowered like maybe 1 or 2 inches stock look I still have huge wheel well gaps. It depends on how low you want/need to go. The f&f setup seems to be the favorite. Basicly if there isn't a post saying it works great it probably doesn't.
            The Tokico setup lowers an inch at most. 2" is what race springs do.
            And those springs, or stock springs, are the ONLY compatible options for Tokico HP shocks (blues).

Honestly, if you want a "sport" drop that is between 1.5" and 1.8", that doesn't have an extremely high spring rate, then the STR.T shocks are a good option. If you want a "race" drop over 2", with a high spring rate, you'll need Koni Yellows or Reds, or Tokico Illuminas. Other than that, you can get some Bilsteins revalved to match... but I don't know anyone on here that has done it.
            Function and Form Autolife coilovers are very inexpensive, and very few people here seem to dislike them (only one member I'm aware of complains of a harsh ride.) Also, Function and Form Autolife is the company name. Telling noobs "F&F" doesn't do anything but confuse them. Nobody knows what the hell that is! If they already know, they wouldn't be asking!

Comment

Function and Forms are a great price and allow you to lower from the bottom mount. That allows the strut to keep its composure when your running low.

STR.T and Elbach would be a good spring/strut combo. Not a huge drop, but a good DD set up.

Comment

Only the Pro-Kit springs. Not the Sportline. Sportline is equivalent to the "race" springs offered by Neuspeed and H&R.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Only the Pro-Kit springs. Not the Sportline. Sportline is equivalent to the "race" springs offered by Neuspeed and H&R.
                  Just to clarify: The Pro-Kit and Sportline springs have the same spring rate, just the ride height it different with the Sportline being lower.

These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Right. But it's the ride height that is too low for the STR.T with the Sportline springs (well, assumed to be... it MAY work, but most of the cheaper struts are not made to be used with the more extreme lowering springs.) I would trust the STR.T with the higher spring rate of the Eibach springs, though. I wouldn't trust cheaper options, like GR2s or HPs.

Comment

I'm looking at running 17's with 205/40 tires or 18's with 215/35 tires. I want the fender gap closed in, but still be able to drive safely and turn fully. How much drop do the F&F coilovers give? They aren't much more than springs and struts once I looked at them.

Comment

Unless you do a good fender roll, you're going to rub all day long with 18s and that tire size, and even that might not save you. F&Fs can get you dumped for sure 3"+ on the drop. I have 215/45/17 on Type 2s and I had to raise the preset height because my car was scraping on too many speed bumps.
                        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by ktaylor660 View Post
                          I'm looking at running 17's with 205/40 tires or 18's with 215/35 tires. I want the fender gap closed in, but still be able to drive safely and turn fully. How much drop do the F&F coilovers give? They aren't much more than springs and struts once I looked at them.
                          The tires on the 18s would be WAY bigger than the tire size you're thinking on the 17s.
                          I would get 17s with 205/45/17 tires. That's a good size, and won't destroy your rims (i did damage with 205/40/17s)
                          Of course, the optimal tire width depends on the rim width, too. My wheels were 7.5" wide.

Comment

Working...
                          X