Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spoiler Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler Removal?

I want to change the spoiler on my 93 se, but it has the wing with a 3rd taillight. I know which spoiler I want, but what should I do about the holes in the trunk?
    Originally posted by Quashish
    hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

The proper way to do it is to weld up the holes.

You could also get another trunklid from a CB that didn't come with a spoiler. Either way, you're probably going to have to get it painted.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      The proper way to do it is to weld up the holes.

You could also get another trunklid from a CB that didn't come with a spoiler. Either way, you're probably going to have to get it painted.
      I've got quite a bit of body work to do. A front right fender, hood dents/rust galore, at least 5 dents to bang out. Planning to save up for a full plasti-dip.
      Originally posted by Quashish
      hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
        Planning to save up for a full plasti-dip.

If you're doing that, why not do a real paint job?

Anyways, if you're doing paint and changing panels anyways, why not just get a trunk lid without a spoiler?
        Last edited by crazymikey; 12-23-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

If you're doing that, why not do a real paint job?
          Because plasti-dip is the current trend.

Comment

In that case,

FML

Comment

Get a new trunk and repaint the car

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

lmao plastidip. any way i got your same problem, however i am pulling my spoiler off and remounting the led strip for a high mount 3rd brake light. your option's are find a spoilerless trunk where you will however have to put in a 3rd brake light for the speaker deck if you dont already have one, or just weld up the holes seeing how you have alot of body work to do just fill the holes yourself.

Comment

I'm sorry guys I know we don't judge each other here but come on your gonna plasti dip your whole car just because its some new trend come on man I have the same spoiler on my 90 Ex that your talking about I'm just gonna get a virgin trunk lid

Comment

plastidip looks pretty cool and a gallon is only 80 bucks, so why not do something that can be so easily undone, everyone was riding eachothers sacks when it was all "look at my plastidipped wheels" so big deal if the kid found something to express himself and be cheap while trying.

filling those holes are easy with some screen and short chop fiberglass filler and regular body filler.

Last edited by illinois_erik; 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

welding the trunk is probably going to cost you as much as just getting one from the junkyard. your best bit is get a used one because a shop might charge you a setup fee for BS welds their not going to make money off of. but if your going be replacing quarter pound skin then just weld the holes.

Comment

If you want to remove it and temporarily seal up the holes, put a strip of electrical tape on them.

Comment

if you have an ex there is only 1 hole you really need to block off the middle one like i said ex spoiler im not familiar with the other spoilers or how many bolt holes they have. but i just removed mine today and re-wired a deck 3rd brake light back in. and the outer holes on the trunk deck fall right into the drip rails.

Comment

You Should be able to find a wingless trunk lid for cheap at a local junkyard

Comment

there's a spoilerless lx down the road from me, went through the flood we had in 2011. been sitting since. i've stopped many times and will continue to stop. eng and tranny are done interior is coated in mud but body is CLEAN. they are out there but yeah jy should have at least a few spoilerless ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X