Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Walnut wood interior goods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walnut wood interior goods!

Greetings from Finland! I got this 13 piece set to my hands and i hope that someone could help me to find out about the company that made it, and i believe its rare, but how rare?
    If my english is bad, feel free to ask what i meant, thanks!

The bits are handmade and brand new (old of course) but i dont have the original package...
    I hope you can see the pictures and they are in proper quality, thanks.

Last edited by areimi; 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM. Reason: [IMG] tagged the first post

Is BH & Son the company? That's what it looks like. I can't find anything on that!

Those pieces are certainly rare. I've never seen anything like that! Most cars, even today, come with fake wood trim at best. Real walnut parts must have been extremely expensive as an option! I assume this is probably something offered as a dealer-installed option, since the paperwork has the official Honda logo on it. Unfortunately, I don't understand a word of it.

If you have a Honda dealership near you, you might want to contact them and ask if they know anything about it. If they have any technicians or salesmen that were there 20 years ago, they might remember a fancy option like that!

That's really cool. Be sure to share pictures when you install it!

Comment

Nice score! I tried to recover some fake wood grain from an EX model at the JY and it just shattered. I haven't seen that accessory yet.

Comment

Thanks for your answer! BH & son is the manufacturer, I've been asking around from Honda dealers but as the set was never installed to any car, no one seems to know anything about it

I promise to send pictures of the whole car when I get it out of the garage, it's pretty rough right now cuz its going to be painted later. Wood would look much better with tan leather interior but if there's 1 for sale, it's not in Finland

Oh and btw the certificate text in picture is only fitting instructions in Germany: )

Comment

Those are so nice. Looks luxurious.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by areimi View Post
            Thanks for your answer! BH & son is the manufacturer, I've been asking around from Honda dealers but as the set was never installed to any car, no one seems to know anything about it

I promise to send pictures of the whole car when I get it out of the garage, it's pretty rough right now cuz its going to be painted later. Wood would look much better with tan leather interior but if there's 1 for sale, it's not in Finland

Oh and btw the certificate text in picture is only fitting instructions in Germany: )
            I thought that looked like German! If the company is German, perhaps a German Honda dealer would be more familiar with it. If you speak German as well as you do English, you might get an answer if you email one!

These days, the original leather in these cars is usually worn beyond repair. Having new leather covers put on the seats would be a better option... and surely one available to you in Finland!
            I love seeing the Eurpoean CBs on this site. Since the cars are so less common over there than they are in the US, they're often in MUCH nicer condition.

I think we have another member or two from Finland as well.

Comment

Thanks deev, little off topic but are the standard fabric seats shaped like leathers? I'm trying to ask if I buy leather covers or something like that from ebay, will they fit nicely?
              Also I'm having trouble finding legend front lip cuz there's 0 of those in Finland, any ideas?
              Thanks!

Comment

Very cool items you have there.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

There was a member that had this kit installed in his cb. As well as the matching steering wheel. I've been looking for his post for a while now. And i do believe his cb was from Germany... That is a nice touch of class for our interiors. Very nice!
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                      There was a member that had this kit installed in his cb. As well as the matching steering wheel. I've been looking for his post for a while now. And i do believe his cb was from Germany... That is a nice touch of class for our interiors. Very nice!
                      I would love to see the steering wheel The H badge in my set is for stock steering wheel though, so I think I can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by areimi View Post
                        Thanks deev, little off topic but are the standard fabric seats shaped like leathers? I'm trying to ask if I buy leather covers or something like that from ebay, will they fit nicely?
                        Also I'm having trouble finding legend front lip cuz there's 0 of those in Finland, any ideas?
                        Thanks!
                        I'm not positive, but I believe they're the same seats, just with different covering. I know some dealerships (at least in the US) offered leather as an option... so that would clearly just go over the original seat foam. It wouldn't be cost effective to provide all new seats!

There's a company named Katzkin that makes custom leather interiors. A member here recently mentioned a price of $875 USD for the covers themselves (within the US, that is)... but I'm seeing over $2000 USD on the Katzkin website. Might be worth looking into, though. They make very good stuff.

Comment

I have never seen wood interior in a CB. but would love to see it installed..
                          good score

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I'm not positive, but I believe they're the same seats, just with different covering. I know some dealerships (at least in the US) offered leather as an option... so that would clearly just go over the original seat foam. It wouldn't be cost effective to provide all new seats!

There's a company named Katzkin that makes custom leather interiors. A member here recently mentioned a price of $875 USD for the covers themselves (within the US, that is)... but I'm seeing over $2000 USD on the Katzkin website. Might be worth looking into, though. They make very good stuff.
                            $875 after shipping for just the tan leather covers was what I was quoted for the katzkin standard kit, it comes with door inserts I believe (I am not 100% sure).
                            http://www.shopsar.com/Honda-Accord-...kin-honacc.htm
                            http://www.shopsar.com/honda-katzkin...atz-lpho20.htm
                            ^Click here and scroll to the bottom, if you do custom seats you can add all kinds of goodies.

This site also has a similar real wood dash interior upgrade that costs around $160 like you posted above.
                            http://www.shopsar.com/honda-accord-...ondaaccord.htm
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I had wood grain in my 93 Se.

That shiz was pimp!

Comment

Working...
                              X