Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

xxr 513 16x8 with 205/40/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xxr 513 16x8 with 205/40/16

Hi guys, Finally dropped my 90'accord coupe with tien's coilover... I would say about 2 1/2 inches... well... all there's left at the bottom of the coilovers are 7lines of grove, you know were you turn it upwards or downwards.
    Anyways i'm thinking of getting xxr 513 16x8 with 205/40/16. Would i have a problem with this set up? Please advice... I'm thinking of getting it like tomorrow already... kinda excited!!! Thanks

The Rims it self won't be a problem but it all depends on the offset. I knw those Rims come in zero offset but not too sure if it comes in a higher offset.do u plan on running camber or rolling fenders?

Comment

i got a camber kit already... the specs of the rims are
      +0
      4x100/4x114.3
      Black/Machined Lip
      3.5 in lip
      I already have 17s now with 205/45... when i went all the way on my coilovers, it looked good but if a have a passenger at the back,,, it will start rubbing so we raised it 7 turns(or Groove). now i just took out my 3 kids and my wife and no rubbing whatsoever... i'm just wondering though if i get the
      16x8... that it mught be to wide.

Comment

Well you will probably have to roll and pull your fenders so it wont hit on the fender , if you dump it then your gunna get camber wear and you have to avoid pot holes and speed bumps , but it will look really nice though

Comment

Offset?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Offset?
            Originally posted by jaymausantos View Post
            +0
            ... I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone.

Comment

+20 offset looks the best on a cb.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

the problem wont be that the rim is too wide,its your offset that will cause you to rub.i hAVE 16X8 +20 offset and i had to roll fenders and camber it.
                but im not sure if your trying to:
                -dump your car
                -get it flush
                -or lower it slightly and have a gap between your fenders/rim and tire

depends on what your looking for.

Comment

Your tires will be very slightly stretched, you will need to do some fender work, on the rear of my car I have 16x8 with spacers for my offset to be at +9 with a 205/40/16. My fenders are rolled, you might be able to tuck it under there with more camber, or a bigger stretch.

Comment

are you planning on running camber at all or were you hoping to just be able to get away with rolling it and slightly lower it?

Comment

well, to be honest with you guys i don't really know what's gonna happen when i put my new set of rims thats why im asking. i use my car everyday for work... so i dont really want it that low. i have a camber kit on the front... so i guess i need to "roll" my fender at the back? theres a place here in san leandro that charges $35 to roll fenders... im fine with that if thats the only thing i have to do. i wanted 15x8 really but i know it will be too low so im going with 16x8. is that fine?

Comment

you'll be fine as long as you dont lower it too much.but it might look funny with the rims sticking out.but you wont rub.

Comment

im having trouble posting pictures... i wish i could show you guys how low my car is now so can tell me if either i need to raise it a little bit or do something else... but like what i mentioned before... when i installed my tein suspension, i went all the way down on the coilovers with my 17(7.5) 205/45 and its fine when i am driving by my self but with 2 passengers it started rubbing at the back so we raised it 7turns(groove) and its fine now but i know when i put my xxr's... although its only size 16... im afraid itll rub again since its 8 inches wide so i guess rolling my fender is the best solution... but if you guys think itll be too low and not safe then i might not do that set up then coz i use my car for work everyday.

Comment

if i roll the fender, would it still stick out?

Comment

Originally posted by jaymausantos View Post
                              if i roll the fender, would it still stick out?
                              When we mention a camber kit, it's to add more negative camber, not to correct it. It will stick out unless you run negative camber and stretch your tire to fit it in the wheel well. I dont think a low offset wheel is for you and I think you should reconsider your wheel choice and learn more about offset and width.

Comment

Working...
                              X