Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front End Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front End Repair

Hey guys as you will see in the picture below, I need help on how can I repair the front end which is bent? I have so many options but before I decide I want to make sure this is repairable. Thanks in advance

Yea just depends on your skill level my front end was worse and now you cant even tell.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=185221

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Got any other pictures? maybe of the inside of the hood? a front view? and a drivers side view?

It all depends on skill and time as well as how much money you want to throw at it. Compromises can be made to reduce some cost.

My CB7 was t boned and had front end damage when I got it.

Comment

Is a lot of work but is worth it. And I don't think I have more pictures, only pass side is bent. I will try and take a picture of the bay and show the spot where is cracked. Thanks guys

Comment

That's a sweet looking sedan - I'd like to think it's definitely worth the time to fix. Check out TracieS link - the man is a maniac when it comes to "do(ing) work". Nice work by the way - to TracieS.

Comment

Originally posted by silver91 View Post
            That's a sweet looking sedan - I'd like to think it's definitely worth the time to fix. Check out TracieS link - the man is a maniac when it comes to "do(ing) work". Nice work by the way - to TracieS.
            Thanks man! Yeah his car looks good and better now good job

Comment

Here are 2 pictures, one shows the cracked area by the fuse box and the other as you can see the hood is not lined up correctly with the fender. Sorry about the crappy picts its dark and the car is at my uncle's and I had a chance to get some picts

Comment

Personally that looks like frame pulling material. With it being that far back, it's not exactly thin metal there. Going off of the picture it looks like the whole front end in front of the wheel arches is shoved down, which is why I say frame pull. You might be able to get away with using washers and drilling out the bolt holes to line up properly, but it's a long shot.

Comment

That's really weird how it's bent like that. Seems as if the whole front corner has been pushed down. Has the car been in an accident, or do you know what caused it? Definetly looks like a big job to repair, but it's doable. Just depends how much money and effort you want to put into it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    That's really weird how it's bent like that. Seems as if the whole front corner has been pushed down. Has the car been in an accident, or do you know what caused it? Definetly looks like a big job to repair, but it's doable. Just depends how much money and effort you want to put into it.
                    Yes it does seems like a lot of work. I hit something on the road which cracked the tranny and bent the front like that. It makes me feel bad seeing it everyday like that. I think Im gonna go with what TracieS did to his sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X