Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Retro fit projector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro fit projector question

Hey guys I am going to retro fit my stock headlights. I was going to go to the local jy and get any set I could find! Is there a certain type that is better ei(BMW projectors or Cadillac) any info on thi would be amazing! Thanks in advance!

im sure your ona budget or you wouldnt be going to a JY. but heres what i would do. save a little money and then ... http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=141
    less destruction of orginal headlights too.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I just figured it would be the same just getting a projector from the jy! So when you see most of he retrofit headlights on here they used the projectirs are talking about?

Comment

depending on the JY you go to...if you find an Acura TSX, GRAB those headlights, those projectors will give you one of the best light outputs out there for a reasonable cost. I got a pair of TSX headlights off ebay for 80+shipping then sold the housings locally for 65 on craigslist since they were brand new dealer overstock and crystal clear back in 2008, I bought 2005 ones back then.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thanks for the advice! There was a set from hyundai would these well???

Comment

is this your first retrofit? i would say go to theretrofitsource.com and look but its going to cost you but for someone thats doing it your first time its your best bet its very time consuming project also just because the junked car has projectors doesnt mean they are meant for HIDs....

i would also grab a extra pair of headlights from the junkyard.

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
            you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

you need to find a set of real HID projectors not halogen... the retrofit store is the place to go

Comment

Yea this is my first retrofit. Thanks for the advice! I will go the route you guys are talking about! I've blackhoused my headlights a few month ago so I have a good idea of what to do! If you have any other further advice in lighten me!! I'm all ears.

Comment

Since you're going with a TRS kit, here is a DIY using the Morimoto Mini D2S projectors.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=185937

I used this DIY for my retrofit and it made things much easier. Your experience may vary, but it covers all the basics.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Any optics on a standard car that uses projectors kinda sucks. Especially for older cars. They just dont have what the morimotos can give. Integras are commonly used. Their beams are not wide, they are frontal and narrow. But most of the projectors on older cars are a 3'' projector, and let me tell you a 3'' projector is LOTS of work to install into our headlights. I did one and man, id rather go with a morimoto. I had to cut a huge hole and shave down the projector to make it fit.

If you price out junkyard prices, each headlight is roughly 25 dollars. Plus the time it takes to pull. Then you have to buy mounting hardware and sit there and cut the shit out of the stock housing. Then you have to find a shroud that will fit correctly and mount it. Not to mention the trips you take to go to the hardware store.

For 120 bucks, you get a plug and play projector and it WILL fit lol. Then use their included shroud and bam, your done in 6 hours.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

IF i was you i would save your money and buy the whole kit the mini h1 kit is cheaper than the mini d2s kit so if your on a budget h1s are very nice I'm very pleased with mine.

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
                      you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 R3ason View Post
                        IF i was you i would save your money and buy the whole kit the mini h1 kit is cheaper than the mini d2s kit so if your on a budget h1s are very nice I'm very pleased with mine.
                        The Full D2S kit is only slightly more expensive due to the D2S bulbs being of higher quality. Philips makes some of the best and brightest D2S bulbs out there. The only other bulbs that exceeds the Philips' performance is the Osram bulbs made by GE. But the lumens are only slightly better (300 or so) for about $40 more...

If you just get the D2S projectors and piece together your HID ballasts and bulbs, you could get it all for cheaper than the full H1 kit.

hidbulbzrus is a very reputable eBay store that sells authentic Philips D2S bulbs for $68 a pair. MUCH cheaper than $95 a pair from TRS. So if output is one of your main concerns, i'd suggest using the D2S projectors with Philips D2S bulbs.

But for easy plug'n'play without searching for components, the TRS kit is a great way to go.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I got a new job and maybe be getting a 2007 Acura TL or 2007 Acura TSX so I will be putting off the retro fit on cb7 for a few months!

Comment

Working...
                          X