Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Mugen accord ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen accord ?

has anyone ever seen this ? A guy around my corner has this whole body kit but i thought it was just a stupid ricer body kit.

http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothrea...postid=1858250

And this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-93-JDM-Ac...81a85f&vxp=mtr
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

It looks nice to me. What do you find stupid about it? I like that the lip kind of makes the accord look like one of those older 90's luxury cars.

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
    Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
    RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
    "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
    "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

no i used to think it was ricy until i saw it was mugen ,, ill try to get some pics of the one around me someday ,, i want the mugen (fake) lip for the front and maybe the back one too ,, a guy in reading has the front one and said it bolted right up but he didnt get the rear one so ill buy the front one first
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamatari+ View Post
        kind of makes the accord look like one of those older 90's luxury cars.
        Second that, i kinda like it too. Iv never seen that before looks unique
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        Originally posted by deevergote
        den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

If it looks ricey, it looks ricey, regardless of the brand!

I don't know if those are CB parts, though. To my knowledge, Mugen never made anything for the CB... though that does look like a CB bumper there.

The Accord Inspire is essentially the Acura Vigor, which means a Vigor owner could get Mugen stuff. That's pretty cool to know!

Comment

That is a cd5-6 lip kit, mugen rep, like 350 just for the front liP if u can find it. Some make crappy reps the spoiler,... Carbon fiber inlayed fiberglass 600-800 used in decent shape, wheels, 1200-3500 depending on who's selling, grill 235 ish. Sweet lookin ride when they're on, been tryin to track this stuff down for my cd5 but hard to find. Keep in mind these are not cb fitted, they are for cd

Comment

Yea Mugen made a kit for the CD5 Accord that if I'm not mistaken was quite popular as an option for the SiR models

Comment

Those are M5s, aren't they? (the wheels). I could've had a set for like $500, with tires... sold fairly locally. I wish I bought them!

The knockoff Mugen front lips for the CD5 are commonly used on the CB.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Those are M5s, aren't they? (the wheels). I could've had a set for like $500, with tires... sold fairly locally. I wish I bought them!

They're M7s.

That's most definitely a 96-97 Accord bumper.

It's funny because I have pictures of the 3rd generation Accord Mugen catalog, but no one can seem to source a 4th gen one.

Comment

That's what I meant. I knew I had the wrong number!

I've never seen official Mugen ANYTHING for the CB. I truly wonder if they passed over the platform. I mean, the CB was a much softer, more luxurious car than the 3rd gen. It focused on luxury over sportiness. There wasn't a truly sporty version of the Accord in the 4th generation. That came with the 5th generation... as did the Mugen attention.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

The eBay "mugen" lips are in no way even close to a real mugen, they just call it that to sell sell sell.

Comment

^ The Accord "Mugen-style" lips that everyone sells are replicas of the more popular Civic lips that Mugen made, just tweaked to fit differently-shaped bumpers.

"no i used to think it was ricy until i saw it was mugen"

Mugen has built just as many parts purely for aesthetic style as they have for any actual function. Pedals? Door sills? Because they're Mugen's and not someone else's means they're not "rice"?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

trips me out that the vigor / accord inspire even had mugen stuff. the 5th gen accords got love as well but, they inconspicuously skipped the 4th gen accord .
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

"no i used to think it was ricy until i saw it was mugen"

Mugen has built just as many parts purely for aesthetic style as they have for any actual function. Pedals? Door sills? Because they're Mugen's and not someone else's means they're not "rice"?
                            yeah i laughed so hard when i read that....

rice is rice, i dont care if Soichiro Honda himself made it by hand, if its ugly, its ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                              trips me out that the vigor / accord inspire even had mugen stuff. the 5th gen accords got love as well but, they inconspicuously skipped the 4th gen accord .
                              I actually wonder why the Inspire got the attention. I suppose it was supposed to be the sporty version of the Accord, but it never really did much in the way of performance. The G series engine got ignored, the funky transmission got ignored, and the car itself was fairly heavy to do anything worthwhile. I don't know if anyone ever even competed in one seriously.
                              The CD saw some serious race action, at least. There were a number of high profile race CDs, I believe. You can still find a model kit of the Spoon CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X