Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gutted CB7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    First question, why?
    well because i have a solid daily, and the shell has a haggard interior. this would be a toy/track whore for saturday nights at the P.I.R.

if i can lose even 50-100 pounds in carpet, rear seats, door panels, pillar plastic, trunk stuff, and what ever else i can shed, its worth it. i dont plan to ever have passengers, and its a good excuse to not drive a bunch of friends around assuming i ever street it. i dont care about the noise. it might even look kinda ghetto. i dont really mind. everythings going but the dash and front seats. if 100 more pounds loss is possible, id do what it takes within reason, i wouldnt want to make it unsafe i.e. removing bumper beams etc. I have friends with 2300 lb B series civics. i need all the help i can get

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
      As for reasons to gut your CB: Cuz racecar! But more seriously...MPGs, performance characteristics, cargo space, roll cage and did i mention miles-per-gallon?
      Stripping your interior for cargo space isn't practical. Get a SUV if you need more room.

Roll cage, maybe if you are racing... But nobody is racing.

MPG's is the most legit reason. But still isn't all worth it being the a CB isn't exactly a gas guzzler to begin with.
      I see nothing wrong with stripping out the interior. As long as you don't mind road noise and have no need to tote around passengers, i say go for it.
      Yeah you are right there is nothing wrong with it. I just find it funny how a lot of cats strip down their car and can't even tell you why they did it. They remove p/s and a/c and again, can't give you a good reason why. They just do it because Joe Blow did it and all of a sudden their shit is hella fast because of this?

To each his own though. Get to stripping if you feel the need.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
        Stripping your interior for cargo space isn't practical. Get a SUV if you need more room.

Maybe not for you, but for me it worked out nicely. I only have the CB and i don't have the cash to drop on an SUV or the gas money to move its fat ass around. Nor do i haul enough stuff on a regular basis to require a larger vehicle...but i do haul a good bit of cargo from time to time... Such as a full set of rims and tires. They will stack up quite nicely in the rear once the rear seats have been removed. I've even fit front and rear CB bumper covers, 2 spare tires, a set of headlamps, an exhaust manifold with down-pipe and other assorted parts, at one time. All in the cab since my trunk was full of subs and amps. Try that with a full interior.

So, for me, removing the rear seats was a great idea. I can transport larger items when i need to and my dog can chill back there without me worrying about him getting my seats fucked up.

I think i've shown that the space gained from removing the interior can be a good thing. And at the same time saving weight when the space isn't used, therefore transferring into fuel savings. If that's not practical, what is?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I think i've shown that the space gained from removing the interior can be a good thing. And at the same time saving weight when the space isn't used, therefore transferring into fuel savings. If that's not practical, what is?
          I've never said it couldn't be a good thing, you're missing the point. I said the majority of people that gut their cars don't do it for any of those reasons you posted, least of them being to haul shit around.

The OP says he's using his shit on the track so he gets a pass. You say you haul around shit so you get a pass as well. I'm talking about the other 90% that do this shit for no real reason... Just because thats what "racers" do and if they do it all of a sudden they're Jeff Gordon. These are the same cats that delete p/s and a/c and put electrical tape on their headlights...

Comment

most people think of gutting the interior to lose weight in the car. How much do you weigh? You can lose weight if you really want to go extreme. unless you already weigh less than average

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
            My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
            Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Originally posted by Dgerfan55 View Post
              I dont understand how a sedan would be lighter. Extra set of doors to me would make it heavier.
              Someone please explain how a DX sedan is lighter than a DX coupe.

Check this link out: Link

If memory serves me correctly, those numbers are pretty accurate. It's only a few pounds, so it's nothing major. I think the extra weight comes from the added support to the door frames since coupe doors are damn heavy! There's probably some other reinforcements as well.
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
                most people think of gutting the interior to lose weight in the car. How much do you weigh? You can lose weight if you really want to go extreme. unless you already weigh less than average
                thats a very valid point, as funny as it sounds. ive lost 25 lbs working in the sun for a few months.

and to hardinthepaint: to each his own bud. everyone has a reason. it makes sense to some, not so much to others. thats the beauty of owning your own car. do what YOU want.

Comment

If memory serves and this is per Adam (MNDude07) The 92 DX coupe is the lightest of the CB7 chassis and don't 100 percent quote me on that it has been a while. And yes I have had 1 sedand 5 coupes. My SE coupe came in at a whopping 3000 lbs vs my EX sedan slightly reduced to a nice 2600 lbs from 2800ish. Sedans are lighter even though it does not sound practical. But truth is they with that one exception that I mentioned.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
                    and to hardinthepaint: to each his own bud. everyone has a reason. it makes sense to some, not so much to others. thats the beauty of owning your own car. do what YOU want.
                    I don't give a damn if you guys want to gut your damn car. I was just confused because it seemed really poser-ish to me.

So yeah for sure, do what you want.

Comment

i gutted my shytt and its fastt now..

honestly, my trunk had leaked forever so i took everything out.
                      i deliver food for a job so taking out the rear seats gave me a flat surface.

these cars are so cheap that i probably wont put everything back in.
                      1993 Honda Accord LX
                      2006 Yamaha R6
                      2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Working...
                      X