Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk tension bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk tension bars

I am putting a wing on my car later its the oem i like the look of it .... I swapped my stock bars for the higher tension ones out of a jy car with a wing. Now when my trunk pops it just goes half way and i have to pull it up the a little for it to fly the rest of the way. Though at the j.y the cars with the spoilers (removed) fly up
    I installed mine with vice grips did one full turn on the end of each and set them to the (high tension setting ) what did i do wrong?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

did the cars at the junk yard have taillights?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Yeah even the one i pulled the bars from

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

On my car with the wing and the higher tension springs, it just barely pops up when I pull the trunk release. I used the proper spring installer tool. Do you also have the antenna relay installed? It lowers the antenna when you pop the trunk. If the antenna stays up, the wing WILL hit it.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Did the bars come from an SE model, or an EX? I believe the EX spoilers were dealer options, and the bars may not be any different from those found in wingless cars. The SE is the only model to come with spoilers from the factory, I believe, and may be the only one with the higher tension bars.

Comment

The spoiler kits came with the springs. The dealer was supposed to swap them out when they installed the spoiler.
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Ah, ok...

Though I know of PLENTY of dealers that halfass... like, people that pay for synthetic oil, or even bring their own, and they still get regular crap because it's easier for the tech...

Comment

I think I pulled my bars from a ex I may try to find one of the factory ones and pull them thankfully there only 5 a peice

Do it once, do it right.
                Missing My
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
                X