Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Black Chrome paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I posted on a Caddy forum about where to find replacement parts. Some look good, some don't... but I don't want to break the bank for an experiment. Sadly, used parts aren't nearly as common for the CTS-V as they are for the CB7!

Comment

In this link shows a caddy with blk chrome grill. Idk. I would like it not so dark.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ock-grill.html
      Last edited by F20A CB7; 07-04-2012, 07:48 PM.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I would start with your emblems and go from there those would be the easiest to undo. As for the grill i would do it in plastic dip clear then lay down the bomb this way it will be easier to get off with little to no chemicals needed, although if you paint over the dip it's harder to get off than normal.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          In this link shows a caddy with blk chrome grill. Idk. I would like it not so dark.

That just looks black to me, though... I want it to be subtle. Still kinda "chrome" looking, but a little darker. My car is black on black, afterall!

I might give it a shot on the emblems. They're much cheaper to replace if I mess them up! My rear emblem just says CTS, so I can find one of those easily! (dental floss and a ninja costume at 4am...)

Comment

I will still buy the paint and test it on spare headlights.. I just have 1 anyway. Paint is almost 12 bucks out here.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Yeah, it's not cheap anymore. This is specialized paint, I think it comes with 2 cans. A 2 stage thing. Probably even more expensive. I was in Autozone today and I didn't even check!

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post

That Escalade doesn't have the black-chrome grille. Thats just a grille painted black.

Comment

Or that dude overdid it. I wonder if the pictures that aren't showing up are of a properly-done black chrome grille...

That's the forum I just joined. Seems pretty cool. Of course, it's corporate-owned like Honda Tech.
                  I've had half a dozen offers from corporations that want this forum. I tell them to go fuck themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Or that dude overdid it.
                    If you read the dude's comments he says that the grille pictured is of his old grille that he got with the truck that was just a billet grille painted black. He then proceeds to ask if anyone whats to buy it, lol.
                    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    That's the forum I just joined. Seems pretty cool. Of course, it's corporate-owned like Honda Tech.
                    I've had half a dozen offers from corporations that want this forum. I tell them to go fuck themselves.
                    They must not be offering you enough, lol.

Comment

Only 2 have actually given me a number. One, at the time, was considerably more than I made in a year...

I don't think I'd sell this forum for less than 7 figures. And if anyone was stupid enough to buy it for that much, I'd start a new one (or just buy mycb7.com...)

Comment

I've never heard of mycb7.com, but I just took a gander at the sight... Definitely like night and day compared to this one. The site is hard to navigate through and isn't very well made. Are you in cahoots with them at all?

Sorry if I am off topic here but I just had to ask that because like I said, this is the first I've heard of a 4th gen site other than this one.

Comment

i used the VHT years (and i mean ) years ago and it came out nice.

deev, please buy mycb7.com so it can be a little brother to cb7tuner
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Lol, damn you act like Deev is ballin outta control or some shit. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he probably doesn't have the means to go buying up websites whenever he feels the need to.

Shit, you should buy it if thats how you feel.

Comment

we actually treated out the black chrome kit, in all reality it gets the lookbut the paint comes out spotish out the can, the paint can never leave a uniform coat without over doing the spray.

Comment

Anybody want to post results if they did it?
                                <-- MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X