Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Black Chrome paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Chrome paint?

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

At first, I wasn't into the "black chrome" concept when I saw it on wheels... but now that I think about it, it could be nice to create a darker look, while retaining chrome shininess. Has anyone ever used this stuff? I know Duplicolor makes good products, but I'm curious to see if this actually looks as good as the pictures show.
    I want to use it on emblems and trim bits, not wheels.

Well, it looks like its really just an enhancer. You have to have something already chrome to use it and it just adds the "shadowing" effect. I'm not sure what trim bits you would use it on. The emblems are chromish so maybe those but the only other thing I could think of would be the inner door handles?

If they made something that would spray on chrome AND make is shadow, that would be tight. Then you could chrome-black whatever you wanted.

Comment

Never used it cuz I don't have chrome rims. But I did see on 2 Guys Garage that they used this, and looked great.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

There's the chrome trim around the windows as well, and the chrome on the grille (which I no longer have... but it's there in stock form!)

I'm actually hoping to get replacement chrome bits for my Cadillac to do this to, though it applies to the CB7 just as much.

Comment

It looks like it sorts works on some of those success stories especially on the wheels since it's the only close up picture.

If you spray it spray a one or two very light coat's just like with VHT the heavier or more coats the less translucent it will be thus not creating the effect you're after.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I figure it's much like the "nightshade" stuff that people have used on headlights.

Comment

Yes exactly IMO i would do one light coat and it should turn out great!

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                It looks like it sorts works on some of those success stories especially on the wheels since it's the only close up picture.
                IDK, I can't tell its been used on any of those supposed success stories.

Comment

That's why i said sorta. I watched a video on it 1 light coat seems to look the best anymore and it is barely translucent or noticeable. That's just my take i think it could also be done with vht night shade, but idk for sure.

The reason people use it so heavily is probably due to size on emblems or trim it will turn out better aslong as he doesn't go crazy and has a good eye.
                  Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 07-04-2012, 01:30 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

I wonder how it would for black housing....
                    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I think it'd be really subtle for blackhousing... but it could be cool. Worth a shot!

Comment

I've been wanting to do that to my rear emblems, and front grill.

Comment

I will grab a can this weekend hopefully.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Post your results if you do it before I do!

I'm currently researching what it would take to remove it. I read that someone removed it with acetone. I want to paint the grilles and hood lip on my CTS-V, and I can't find any aftermarket replacements for less than $300... I'm reluctant to paint my original stock parts, unless I can be sure it can be removed if I don't like it!

Comment

Normal paint REDUCER will remove it just fine if it isn't put on to thick and will not eat the plate off. Normal spray paint has no hardner in it nor is the clear like automotive paint so it will be easy to remove if you don't like it. And watch buying aftermarket "OE" replacement parts they are a hit or miss in the body industry.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                              X