Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wide Sparco rims, too much trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide Sparco rims, too much trouble?

I hope to look at them tomorrow and test fit them.
    They are 17x7.5 / 17x8.5
    Tyres pictured on them are 225/45 R17
    Offset is unkown

My stock alloys are 15x5.5.
    A found a thread saying the factory offset for my year is +46, but it didn't specify whether that was for steel rims or alloys.
    Should I bother looking for an offset marking on my factory alloys?

The main question here is - do you think this width will cause too much of a headache as far as clearance and safety/handling?
    It looks like there's plenty of room on the outside of the factory wheels.
    I'd put the 8.5in rims on the rear, with no more than -1 camber.
    I do plan to lower the car (probably no more than 2in). I'm unsure yet whether I'll use coil sleeves or coilovers.

Click here for images of my car

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Well I just found these.

They're 16x7 on all four.
    It says 130mm back spacing. (So that's about +41 offset?)
    680kg load rating per wheel.
    205/45/16 tyres on them now.

I think I would prefer these, the other 8.5in wide rims are just too different to factory specs - which the rest of the suspension was designed for.

They also come with 25mm spacers (x2). And the lip colour will match my body!

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

17x8.5 isnt bad. with a nice drop your car would sit flush with the fenders.

im not a huge fan of the 16x7. 16x8's look good tho.

Comment

so I went and looked at the black rims and they fit just fine.
        buuut the lugs are the wrong thread. the rims were imported from japan and the lugs were made for the rims, they're extended. I don't think this is going to work. thoughts?

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

if youe set on getting the black set. find out what pitch of lugs you need.

i like the first set :-)
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I like the first set a little more to be honest. With that being said a nice clean drop will really set off the look of your car with those wheels.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

any one know members with 8.5in wide rims?
              I think the offset for these is around +40

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

The offset is more important than the width... though 18.5 IS pretty wide. 225 width tires are definitely wide.

The second set, assuming the offset is acceptable, will fit much better.

Though as far as I know, Sparco is cheap Chinese-made crap bearing a quality name. I wouldn't bother with Sparco rims myself.

Comment

The

what reason do you have to say that about Sparco?

I think I'm going to pass on them anyway. They have really strange lugs with long shanks that are the wrong thread pattern. so I can't bolt them on and test drive them before buying. which I'd have to do because that 17x8. 5 on the rear is huge.

I'll find something else.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Working...
                  X