Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best lowering spring for under $100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best lowering spring for under $100

do you guys know or have any suggestions on what's the best lowering spring for under $100. on ebay... there's jdm springs (1.5 frnt/1,5rear.Spring rate: 230 LBS front / 140 LBS rear.) for $70. m2 performance(2.0frnt/2.0rear) for $89. speed daddy (2.o frnt/1.75rear. Spring Rate: Front - 280 lbs/in, and Rear - 250 lbs/in) for $89, dna motoring (1.75frnt/1.5rear.Spring Rate:450" Front and 250" Rear) for $70. bolt-on (Frnt 2" and Rear 1.75"
    Spring Rate: Front - 280 lbs/in, and Rear - 250 lbs/in) for $88. generic (1.25" Front + 1.25" Rear
    Spring Rate: 280F & 250R ) for $47. jdm (Front -2.1" / Rear -1.7") for $60.

Is the spring rate important? i see they have different brands has different rate for front & back. I just use my car to and from work and on weekend sometimes i take my kids (3kids years below) out. So are these aprings ok or should i get a more expensive one? thanks in advance!

save up another 100 and get neuspeed or eibach. anything else is inferior.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Nothing for 100$ is worth it. Do a little more research

This has been covered at LEAST a dozen times

8 Accords so far:
      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Anything under 100 dollars will be complete crap quality to be honest. With that being said, you are much better off saving up th proper funds and getting quality parts.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by jaymausantos View Post
          do you guys know or have any suggestions on what's the best lowering spring for under $100. on ebay... there's jdm springs (1.5 frnt/1,5rear.Spring rate: 230 LBS front / 140 LBS rear.) for $70. m2 performance(2.0frnt/2.0rear) for $89. speed daddy (2.o frnt/1.75rear. Spring Rate: Front - 280 lbs/in, and Rear - 250 lbs/in) for $89, dna motoring (1.75frnt/1.5rear.Spring Rate:450" Front and 250" Rear) for $70. bolt-on (Frnt 2" and Rear 1.75"
          Spring Rate: Front - 280 lbs/in, and Rear - 250 lbs/in) for $88. generic (1.25" Front + 1.25" Rear
          Spring Rate: 280F & 250R ) for $47. jdm (Front -2.1" / Rear -1.7") for $60.

Is the spring rate important? i see they have different brands has different rate for front & back. I just use my car to and from work and on weekend sometimes i take my kids (3kids years below) out. So are these aprings ok or should i get a more expensive one? thanks in advance!
          I hope your NOT planning on adding lowering springs to stock (or stock replacement) shocks, otherwise your going to have to tear everything apart after the stock shocks fail due to the drop. Do it once and do it right.

Head over to the suspension section and start reading the stickies at the top of the section.

To find a safe suspension setup (shocks and springs) for under $300-400, is going to be difficult.

So save up just a little bit longer, and get something safe, as I doubt you want anything to happen to you, or your kids because something cheap you bought broke, and caused the car to lose control.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

wow! thanks for the tip!!! i'll just save up then and get a decent one. If i do get the neuspeed which is about $200 and/or the eibach which is about $220... do i need to replace anything else? i don't race nor speed... just want it for the looks. I always drull looking at your cb7's. So basically i just want my car to look better but also safe at the same time.. so no more under $100 springs!!! Again.. thanks for all the tips you guys are giving!!!

Comment

btw when you said "suspension section" where do i find that? is it under "beginner appearance?" i'm really sorry i am new here but love this site... I am learning a lot from you guys!!!

Comment

D2 racing springs are like 130 i think if you can find them. I had them on my coupe. Rode nice

Comment

Hope this helps. Just browse thru that and it will help many of the questions that might brew up while your learning. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158531

Comment

I believe Neuspeed are a good start matched to a good set of Koni yellows struts DO NOT USE factory struts because they arent meant for lowering springs and it will be an unsafe ride and can cause serious damage to you and the car if an accident would to happen.

And as in your question about where the Suspension FAQ here it is. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158532

Comment

When you're asking about budget suspension, I'm not even going to acknowledge it with an answer.

Comment

If you can muster up about $400-500, maybe consider going with koni str.t's and neuspeed sport springs. But before you go throwing money down on it, you should really inspect all your rubber suspension components, and consider replacing all of them at the same time.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 05-13-2012, 01:02 AM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

WTF is a jdm racing spring?

I know of japanese suspension makers, but nothing called jdm.

Also D2 is still available for around $120, but honestly you're going to need shocks koni str.t's are the best bang for your buck. Just like cloud said your bushings probably need replacing aswell.
                          Spring wise i love my eibachs wouldn't switch them out for nothing else.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

D2 is shit. Plain and simple. Everything they make is low quality.

Anything that costs less than $200 or so brand new is crap. Better to buy used quality than new crap.

And STR.T won't hold much more than 2" drop.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              D2 is shit. Plain and simple. Everything they make is low quality.

Anything that costs less than $200 or so brand new is crap. Better to buy used quality than new crap.

And STR.T won't hold much more than 2" drop.
                              This statement is true. If you are on a budget, check local classifieds and forums for used good quality springs. However, make sure they are still in good condition.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Working...
                              X