Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

quick question on retro fitting jdm one piece headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question on retro fitting jdm one piece headlight

In your opinion which is the best bulb (haha stupid autocorrect) to use performance wise, and what heat for hid?
    Last edited by curlyboy07; 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM.

C cup. Not too big and not too small.

Comment

Smaller is better. Big ones get in the way.

Comment

Not to mention that when she goes running with you all of the other guys will be looking at her jumbly bits.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Smaller is better. Big ones get in the way.
          Ok considering I just read the typo, are u referring to the "bulbs" lol

Comment

I was referring to boobs.

Honestly, it doesn't matter which bulb you get these days. Even the cheapies seem to work fine, and the cost is low enough that replacing them won't kill your wallet. The only thing to keep in mind with the retrofit is that JDM lights are a bit tighter than the USDM glass ones, so some projectors that fit in the USDMs may not fit in the JDMs.

I'll move this back to the appearance section now that we're no longer talking about boobs...

Comment

Lol thanks, I don't seem to get where to post certain things
              Im looking for something on the "good" side of the scale when it comes to the bulbs, not sport expensive but something that's had good performance and also what does "shut off" mean?

Comment

If it affects the way your car looks, post it here. If it affects the way your car performs, post in the performance/technical section. If it has to do with your stereo, alarm, or other electronics, post in the audio/electronics section.

Shut off means nothing. Cut off means the point where the light stops. HIDs are prized for having a sharp cut off. Not glare bleeding all over the place.

I was looking for good cutoff pictures, and I came across this. This will explain a lot, and illustrate the cutoff quite well at the same time:
                http://articles.dashzracing.com/car-...10000k-12000k/

Comment

As far as "heat" then that up to you... The higher the kelvin rating the more colorful (and in most instances more useless) your output will be. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere past 6000k. 4300k is what I would use actually.

And you won't need to worry about your cutoff, from what your saying it sounds like you plan on using your stock housing for the HID. If you do a projector retrofit then cutoff is important.
                  Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If it affects the way your car looks, post it here. If it affects the way your car performs, post in the performance/technical section. If it has to do with your stereo, alarm, or other electronics, post in the audio/electronics section.
                  ... And if it has anything at all to do with boobs, post in the off topic section.

Comment

Philips 85112+ or non-plus. Best bang for your buck IMO. Pretty much the standard in D2S bulbs. Only comes in 4300k. The + version stays true to the 4.3k color. White with a hint of yellow. The non-plus has a color shift from 4.3k-5k sometimes 6k later in the bulb's life.

Philips 85122+ 4.3k:

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                      Philips 85112+ or non-plus. Best bang for your buck IMO. Pretty much the standard in D2S bulbs. Only comes in 4300k. The + version stays true to the 4.3k color. White with a hint of yellow. The non-plus has a color shift from 4.3k-5k sometimes 6k later in the bulb's life.

Philips 85122+ 4.3k:
                      I like the ones you used, and I want to do a project retro fit, I just havent quite understood what a lot of the terms mean so i'm trying to get answers from other people that have done it so it can help me understand better, I read a couple diy but still don't understand what some things are

Deevergote thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy07 View Post
                        ...I just havent quite understood what a lot of the terms mean so i'm trying to get answers from other people that have done it so it can help me understand better, I read a couple diy but still don't understand what some things are...
                        If you have questions, just ask.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                          If you have questions, just ask.
                          Thanks
                          I definitely will lol

Comment

Working...
                          X