Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fitting XXR 527s 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatrex View Post
    The lower offset have more concave the higher offset will be more flat looking
    I knew that but like I said someone here said once that some rims keep the concave even if the offset changes but I don't think that's right cuz I know the same thing as you said....

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
      well thats your point of view and i respect that but for me its not that bad, now i rather have big wheels and be a little higher from the floor than be with small rims, slammed and braking the life out of my car hitting hard on pot holes and what not, because the L.A roads suck big time
      Yea thats understandable, But theirs plenty of 2" clearance z's around your way. Plus, im in GA (horrible roads/hwy/streets) and my driveway's entrance is 4.5"h x 6-7"L at 65 degrees incline. Im okay Depends on the driver haha Just get some 16-17 and call it a day
      17x10 +20

15x7 -10

20120319_17384103192012_1822 by SwCB9, on Flickr

"Cleft"
      Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by swk_cb7 View Post
        Yea thats understandable, But theirs plenty of 2" clearance z's around your way. Plus, im in GA (horrible roads/hwy/streets) and my driveway's entrance is 4.5"h x 6-7"L at 65 degrees incline. Im okay Depends on the driver haha Just get some 16-17 and call it a day
        17x10 +20

15x7 -10

20120319_17384103192012_1822 by SwCB9, on Flickr
        wow those shoes on the first wagon look sweet, they're mags right?? I think ill go for 17s, it just depends on the wheel design some look bigger than others

Comment

Those are true mugen m7's bud not weak ass j-mags

I had a homie run 16x9 +15 wheels no camber could turn lock to lock and do u turns no prob I'll see if I could find a pic

Edit found pics

Not to poky at all

Last edited by Darkcloud; 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM.
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
            Those are true mugen m7's bud not weak ass j-mags

I had a homie run 16x9 +15 wheels no camber could turn lock to lock and do u turns no prob I'll see if I could find a pic

Edit found pics

Not to poky at all

his car looks nice bro and the wheels go well with the car but if its not to poky and hes running 9" wide how come he doesnt have problems like rubbing the arms in the inside?? or did he make any mods to it??

Comment

No mods at all, no camber kits,no fender rolling,no spacers. Just natural camber from being low. from what i seen and heard no rub unless he was going in a driveway. I say he got lucky on the fitment
              NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                No mods at all, no camber kits,no fender rolling,no spacers. Just natural camber from being low. from what i seen and heard no rub unless he was going in a driveway. I say he got lucky on the fitment
                yeah very lucky and his ride looks sweet haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                  his car looks nice bro and the wheels go well with the car but if its not to poky and hes running 9" wide how come he doesnt have problems like rubbing the arms in the inside?? or did he make any mods to it??
                  im sure if he were to go lower he would run into problems. just sayin, right now he hasnt had to roll the fenders.
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride
                  Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                  Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                    im sure if he were to go lower he would run into problems. just sayin, right now he hasnt had to roll the fenders.
                    Lol he shocks are blown and he is on ebay coilovers. But then he is on a new cb project and is doing shit right.
                    NEW CB

new

Comment

Between skimming through all the bickering, and chancing upon actual fact, in this thread, am I right in picking up that 17x8.25/+25's with a 205/45 or 215/45 tire will require fender rolling? Both front and rear? I'm looking at a wheel and my two options are 17x7/+35 (seems to be a safe size for stock fenders) and the aforementioned 17x8.25/+25. I'd love for the wider rims because the face is more concave, but that depends on the extent of other work involved. A staggered fitment combining the two, with the wider wheels up front, is a consideration. I'm wanting a flush look with factory-spec camber and properly-sized tires. Currently lowered 2", but another .5"-.75" or so is in my car's future.

*ED. - Answered in another thead with photos. The 17x8.25 +25 sticks out about an inch or so, while the 17x7 +35 is just shy of flush. Perhaps a 5mm spacer would set it perfect.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-30-2012, 01:32 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

after i had a set of RHs reps size 18 not long ago i changed my mind and im going for 16 or 17 and x8.25 + 25 offset got a set of enkeis og 92s at the moment in 16x8 +0 and will get them redone and streched with camber as well

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          Between skimming through all the bickering, and chancing upon actual fact, in this thread, am I right in picking up that 17x8.25/+25's with a 205/45 or 215/45 tire will require fender rolling? Both front and rear? I'm looking at a wheel and my two options are 17x7/+35 (seems to be a safe size for stock fenders) and the aforementioned 17x8.25/+25. I'd love for the wider rims because the face is more concave, but that depends on the extent of other work involved. A staggered fitment combining the two, with the wider wheels up front, is a consideration. I'm wanting a flush look with factory-spec camber and properly-sized tires. Currently lowered 2", but another .5"-.75" or so is in my car's future.

*ED. - Answered in another thead with photos. The 17x8.25 +25 sticks out about an inch or so, while the 17x7 +35 is just shy of flush. Perhaps a 5mm spacer would set it perfect.

Yeah, he's at stock ride height. They will camber in some.once he lower it and a small roll.and pull will fit that. 1° camber = 9mm of clearance

"Cleft"
                          Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

not sure if this will help

im running all 4 ap1 wheels which are 16x7.5 +65 225/50/16
                            im runing a 5mm spacer for all 4 and mine rubs on the inner walls, and had to grind the knuckle and rear trailing arms

1 in gap height, 0 camber in the fron and -.5 in the rear, handling is amazing
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

So you guys seem to have some momentum in this conversation, maybe you all can help me.

I want to buy some wheels for my CB and I dont really get it. I mean, i understand the dimensions and what not but wheres the guideline? I want a set of rims(xxr 531, 16x8 + 20) and I dont know factually that these will fit without a bunch of fucking hassle. I want to run 205/55/16 tires on the wheel. No drop, no lowering or planned lowering. Stock ride height, stock everything in terms of suspension.

Anyone willing to educate me on the subject?

I know it needs MOAR LOW but the thing is, in Omaha, that shit doesn't fly. We have potholes that send bike riders of the front handle bars. Seriously, type of holes in the road that swallow small children and shit.

So no low for me.

please help@!!
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

They make 4 to 5 lug adapters. I put hundreds of sets on a year, from big rim cars to off road trucks trying to push the wheels out. And they install just as said above, bolt them on, if the stud sticks past flush, grind it flat. Then I tack weld the lug to the stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X