Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Black housing headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black housing headlights?

I had a orange/amber tint film laying around for a while n decided to put it on my corner lighs. they came out good but the orange looks to bright.. So would it help if I black house them.. N if I do it should I black house my headlights too?

I also wanted to know if the cover/protector over the lowbeam bulb.. Can u install one in the highbeams too??

you could try and take out one of the bulbs out of the corner lights thats what i did.and about the cover for the highs.you cant.but you can try making diy.good luck and post some pics if you make something work

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
      you could try and take out one of the bulbs out of the corner lights thats what i did.and about the cover for the highs.you cant.but you can try making diy.good luck and post some pics if you make something work
      What i mean is the film is a lil bright n would like it to look more like the bumper lights which are a lil more dark. U think black housing them would help.
      N i seen some cbs running their inner side/high beams instead of their low beams??

Comment

Those that are doing the high beams are doing just that... driving with their high beams on. They're assholes.

If you can find a way to install a cap like on the low beams, and run the 9006 bulbs, then you could technically have 4 low beams (if aimed properly) and no high beams. It COULD be cool.

Are you running HIDs in the stock housings?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Those that are doing the high beams are doing just that... driving with their high beams on. They're assholes.

If you can find a way to install a cap like on the low beams, and run the 9006 bulbs, then you could technically have 4 low beams (if aimed properly) and no high beams. It COULD be cool.

Are you running HIDs in the stock housings?
          Haha. I might try it n later install some yellow hids. Yeah 8000ks lowbeams

Comment

Originally posted by Elrecks View Post
            What i mean is the film is a lil bright n would like it to look more like the bumper lights which are a lil more dark. U think black housing them would help.
            N i seen some cbs running their inner side/high beams instead of their low beams??
            'i think u mean the ppl that have the drl like they do in canada ? when they run with the high beam lights at a low output and the low beams are off??? maybe im wrong but thats what im getting lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deme_cb7 View Post
              'i think u mean the ppl that have the drl like they do in canada ? when they run with the high beam lights at a low output and the low beams are off??? maybe im wrong but thats what im getting lol
              Ooooooooh it might be. I still wonder if its possoble to install that cover for the bulb on the high beam??

Comment

Ooooooooh it might be. I still wonder if its possoble to install that cover for the bulb on the high beam??
                not sure never tried it, but i imagine the light bulb would get kind of hot?? wouldn't it melt the cap?? not sure but try it out and let us know?

Comment

not sure never tried it, but i imagine the light bulb would get kind of hot?? wouldn't it melt the cap?? not sure but try it out and let us know?
                  But i mean dont the low n high beam give out the same heat. The low beam gives out less light because of the cap? Or am i wrong. Idk but i might try it

Comment

But i mean dont the low n high beam give out the same heat. The low beam gives out less light because of the cap? Or am i wrong. Idk but i might try it
                    yeah , but what ever u do dont buy cheap ebay ones lol i know those do melt, learned it the hard way!

Comment

yeah , but what ever u do dont buy cheap ebay ones lol i know those do melt, learned it the hard way!
                      Haha the caps??
                      I might go to the jy n try toget some n maybe try it out but if anything goes wrong it might cost me the whole headlight?? O na

Comment

If you want to drive around with your highbeams on, get some 9005 LED bulbs like these here...

Here they are installed on a car. As you can see they don't even come close to emitting the require light output needs to see anything, they're strickly for show so you wouldn't have a problem with blinding anybody. Plus they come in different colors and shit so you have some options if you want.

Comment

Haha the caps??
                          I might go to the jy n try toget some n maybe try it out but if anything goes wrong it might cost me the whole headlight?? O na
                          yeah the caps lol
                          and no i don't think it'll cost u the whole head light so u should be fine,
                          and those LED lights seem like a god idea although i already ordered me the whole DRL setup from a canadian cb7

Comment

yeah the caps lol
                            and no i don't think it'll cost u the whole head light so u should be fine,
                            and those LED lights seem like a god idea although i already ordered me the whole DRL setup from a canadian cb7
                            Sounds good. Ima try wit the cap on one headlight n if it looks good ill do both

Comment

[QUOTE=HardInThePaint;2964084]If you want to drive around with your highbeams on, get some 9005 LED bulbs like these here...

i just bought these i have bixeon mini h1's and since i have nothing in the high beam spot i decided to put these in the place haven't decided if i want to wire a switch to them or splice into my corner lights

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
                              you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

Working...
                              X