Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make THIS LIP FIT?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make THIS LIP FIT?

I have a 94 lip but i have a 91. How would i go about making this fit exactly?

Last edited by sideways; 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM.

Heat gun, and start from the middle. It would be best if you took the bumper off while doing so.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=cd5+rear+lip

A little searching goes along way!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
      sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
      bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

What do you mean by Heat gun?

Comment

Use a heat gun to warm the plastic lip, which will make it conform to the shape of the bumper as you go.
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
            Use a heat gun to warm the plastic lip, which will make it conform to the shape of the bumper as you go.
            Heat gun isnt really necessary. I put my CD5 lip without it. I did mine the ghetto way and eyeballed it. Not recommended but eh, it works lol. If you have an EX, the middle bolt will line up and then work your way outwards. You will have to trim the ends a bit. You can use clips with bolts to make it bolt on. I used a few screws, that did the job. Mine's stayed on fine but maybe i just lucked out.
            Last edited by buzz11; 03-16-2012, 01:35 AM.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
            My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
            Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I eyeballed it. Just screwed it on. I'll be doing it again when my car is back on the road.

If you have to ask for instructions to do the simplest of custom modifications to your car, MAYBE you've picked the wrong hobby...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                If you have to ask for instructions to do the simplest of custom modifications to your car, MAYBE you've picked the wrong hobby...
                Everybody's gotta start from somewhere Deev...

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
                  Everybody's gotta start from somewhere Deev...
                  Thank u..some ppl on here sware just because they have a lil knowledge about cb7s...they can shit on the new comers...obviously he's new yeah but geeze he will learn...no need to tell him he's got the wrong hobbie..fuck bro..how would u like if someone told u that...like if u can't fuck in bed and ur girl goes..."wrong hole..if u can find it then maby u got the wrong hobbie". Swallow that

Comment

Wow... being told off by a man that types like a child.

He's asking how to screw a piece of plastic to his car. What next? Asking how to use that mysterious tool at the gas station that magically cleans your windows? It has two sides. It's SO confusing!

My comment has nothing to do with my experience. I'm simply stating that if you have to be guided in every simple step, your car will never be your own.
                    RustyBucket, it's not a matter of where he needs to start... it's a matter of thinking for himself for just one second... and getting under his car to figure things out. THAT is where you start... by TRYING things... not asking for someone to hold your hand on a forum.

I suppose the fact that I've helped this guy through half a dozen similar questions might have affected my tone. But hey... that's me. Swallow that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Wow... being told off by a man that types like a child.

He's asking how to screw a piece of plastic to his car. What next? Asking how to use that mysterious tool at the gas station that magically cleans your windows? It has two sides. It's SO confusing!

My comment has nothing to do with my experience. I'm simply stating that if you have to be guided in every simple step, your car will never be your own.
                      RustyBucket, it's not a matter of where he needs to start... it's a matter of thinking for himself for just one second... and getting under his car to figure things out. THAT is where you start... by TRYING things... not asking for someone to hold your hand on a forum.

I suppose the fact that I've helped this guy through half a dozen similar questions might have affected my tone. But hey... that's me. Swallow that.
                      Your the man! And FYI, I typed like that on purpose because I know that's the first thing you were going to comment on. And maby he dosent know that much to stop and think, have you ever thought that not everyone's quick on their thinking? And u catching a tone because of a few questions shows why you shouldn't call yourself a "dev". Gag on that

Comment

Looks like someone's testicular devices are swollen.

NOW to help the OP a little more, this explains how to change your head lights... Just use it to remove your front bumper. It'll be easier to remove thr bumper and turn it upside down for the lip installation process.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=959
                        Last edited by dysfunk; 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM.
                        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Looks like someone's testicular devices are swollen.
                          Yeah ur mother bit them too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by iiball3 View Post
                            Yeah ur mother bit them too hard.
                            Ahhhhh. Mother jokes. Time to grow up kid.
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Ahhhhh. Mother jokes. Time to grow up kid.
                              U mad.

Comment

Working...
                              X