Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

different tire sizes affect suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different tire sizes affect suspension?

i just bought my cb7 with the h22 swapped done, and ive noticed my car has a noticeable nose heavy look. i just thought it was because of the extra (although should be minimal) weight difference of the h22. but i just looked at my tires today. its running stock sized tires 195/60r15 in the front but running 205/65/15 in the rear. dumbass went the wrong direction in size when he +1 the width lol. when i am pulling into my driveway or a parking spot or anytime i turn near lock i rub the fender. the car is lowered but my previous lowered cb was lowered and never rubbed. am i right to assume that the weight is shifted more to the front now with the taller tires in the back causing even more drop? and would there be any other adverse effects caused by the taller tires?

The weight has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that you're running a smaller overall diameter in the front, and larger diameter in the back giving you a raked look.

Run the same size all around and it'll level your car out.

Stock size is 205/60/15.

Comment

Stock size is 195/60/15, actually.

Comment

Width/Height/Rim Dia.

Remember when you change the overall tire size you screw up the speedo.

Comment

he is correct. having everything match is comfortable. however if you plan on lowering the take in account your tire size, and lower accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
            Width/Height/Rim Dia.

It's actually width/aspect ratio/rim diameter, no such thing as height. Technical english please.

the width is across horizonntally,
            the aspect ratio is a percentage of the width,
            the rim diameter is the lenght across the circle centre line.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
            4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
            yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
            1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
            1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
              It's actually width/aspect ratio/rim diameter, no such thing as height. Technical english please.
              The aspect ratio (which is the ratio of height to width) is also known as section height. So actually there is such thing as height, since you want to get technical about it.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                The aspect ratio (which is the ratio of height to width) is also known as section height. So actually there is such thing as height, since you want to get technical about it.
                Thats nice but you didn't say sectional height, you said height which makes you look like a fool, o wait you just did it again, casue its not correct technical english, show me where in any ASE book it says height? ratio of height to width in what dollars? meters? grams? gear ratio?-driver/driven? what is the measurement please make sense when you talk, you stand corrected.

Dont burts your bubble cause I explain it correctly.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

way to be a douche. aspect ratio is still the height of the sidewall of the tire as a percentage of the width. ITS STILL THE HEIGHT OF THE TIRE. secondly the standing (and moving) weight distribution would be affected by having a taller tire in the rear. therefore compressing the front springs more. and as far as everyone telling me how to lower my car properly and have matching sets of tires. duh. i just bought the car and it came this way. i plan on correcting it asap. im more concerned with having anything else affected while it is like this UNTIL i get my new wheels and tires. im thinking along the lines of tie rods, ball joint stress, or any other ways that it would adversely affect the suspension geometry being at an odd angle.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                    Width/Height/Rim Dia.

and my front tires are the correct size the rears are the larger ones. my speedo would not be affected.

Comment

I noticed when I put my Function $ Form suspension with my old tires (185/60/14) the ride wasn't too bad, then I put my summer tires on (205/40/17) it's a bit stiffer, which I knew it would be, but, that was a sacrifice I was willing to make.

Comment

Thats nice but you didn't say sectional height, you said height which makes you look like a fool
                        Whenever you get through running your mouth, why don't you re-read through the posts dumbass. I wasn't the one that said anything about height to begin with.
                        show me where in any ASE book it says height? ratio of height to width in what dollars? meters? grams? gear ratio?-driver/driven? what is the measurement please make sense when you talk, you stand corrected.
                        Aspect Ratio
                        This number tells you the height of the tire, from the bead to the top of the tread. This is described as a percentage of the tire width. For example, if the aspect ratio is 75, the tire's height is 75 percent of its width, or 176.25 mm ( .75 x 235 = 176.25 mm, or 6.94 in). The smaller the aspect ratio, the wider the tire in relation to its height.

Thats the definition. And the word "height" comes up plenty of times. And thats in millimeters if you didn't notice.

Dont burts your bubble cause I explain it correctly.
                        And I never said you didn't explain it correctly. I'm just saying, you came up one here trying to correct somebody (for no real reason) when aspect ratio is indeed also know as height. Regardless, you knew what that dude was saying in the first place so your out of line to begin with. Get the hell out of here with that bullshit.

Comment

Whenever you get through running your mouth, why don't you re-read through the posts dumbass. I wasn't the one that said anything about height to begin with.

Aspect Ratio
                          This number tells you the height of the tire, from the bead to the top of the tread. This is described as a percentage of the tire width. For example, if the aspect ratio is 75, the tire's height is 75 percent of its width, or 176.25 mm ( .75 x 235 = 176.25 mm, or 6.94 in). The smaller the aspect ratio, the wider the tire in relation to its height.

Thats the definition. And the word "height" comes up plenty of times. And thats in millimeters if you didn't notice.

And I never said you didn't explain it correctly. I'm just saying, you came up one here trying to correct somebody (for no real reason) when aspect ratio is indeed also know as height. Regardless, you knew what that dude was saying in the first place so your out of line to begin with. Get the hell out of here with that bullshit.

That's nice. You like to call mee dumb ass yet I know what I'm talking about yet you keep saying height, like the other nub,the Height is an measurment in mm cm, meters ect, we don't use the word height, you explained it yourself, its is the aspect ratio in a percentage where do you keep getting height? Height is the word people use who don't know what they are talking about yet want to give out info, please go to school, stop using wikipedia.
                          Last edited by 90blackcoupe; 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

An intelligent man does not resort to using hurtful words or foul language for his intelligence to be recognized.

Comment

Stock size is 195/60/15, actually.
                              All 4 Accords I've had (91 SE,93 SE,91 EX-R ALB,90 EX-R) with OEM 15" alloys have had 205/60/15 on them. Both LX base models have had 185/70/14.

Comment

Working...
                              X