Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what to buy first? rims or coilovers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to buy first? rims or coilovers?

hey guys i cant decide what i want right now, i'm really intrested in the function and form type 2 that they make for our cb7's or maybe even the type 1 but i figure if i buying coilovers i might as well spend the extra few dollars and get a better setup, or i was looking at the xxr 513 rims but i'm not sure the size either a 15x7 or 16x7 i dont want a 0 offest rim at the moment. any help on my decision or review on the product i wish to buy will be greatly appreciated.

type 2's on stock rims from an 00 Accord SE . need i say more??
    stock rates 12k F 6k R and on Max Stiff setting they are very comfortable and are not bouncy at all.

Last edited by xkjnboix; 01-07-2012, 10:07 PM.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

hard choice but if it was me i would go with coilover in the long runs never no what wheels u might end up with...good luck with ur choice

Comment

Just my $0.02.

I think I would want my suspension to be in top notch working condition before I invest in rims. Majority of the time new rims are followed by new tires. You would want your suspension up to par to ensure the life of your tires.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Buy whatever you want. It's your car.

If you lower your car, are you factoring a camber kit into the price? And an alignment?
          If not... you should.

The F&F2 isn't really "better", just has a greater degree of adjustability. Do you have the knowledge or need for extra adjustability? If not, why spend money for "better", when the cheaper model will probably exceed your current needs and abilities.
          I don't know how to properly adjust a suspension... which is my I just stick to springs and shocks, not coilovers. I have adjustable shocks that are even beyond my needs or abilities... I only have them because there are no good non-adjustables that will be matched to my springs.

Straight Success makes a very valid point. You should look into refreshing ALL of your suspension components, not just your springs and shocks. Replace bushings, ball joints, etc...

I'm locking this thread, because if you can't decide what you want to put on YOUR car, then we sure as hell can't think for you!

Oh, and XXR wheels are cheap crap that became trendy because FWD owners like to fake the deep-dish RWD look... welcome to the trend

Comment

Working...
          X