Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Skunk works coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk works coilovers

So I'm trying to get my friend to buy this cb and the guy says it has skunk work coilovers. Does anybody have a say about this. Im guessing its related to skunk2 and I've heard that they make crap. So what to do if she buys it? I'm still learning about suspension

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Get some type 1 F&F's if she buys it. Or even Nuespeed springs and Koni shocks. Take a look at the suspension thread for great combos and do some pricing
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

This is just going to be a stock daily driver for her though. does anybody know if these coilovers are any good? Safe?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I read on HT that they are the same as skunk2 (I just googled the question and it popped up) and they ride stiff, and skunk2 as deev has said many times is shit for our cars.
        1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
        For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

SkunkWorks is what Skunk2 used to be called. If they are indeed SkunkWorks coilovers, then they're not only made by a company that is known to make horrible Accord suspension, but they're also probably old as hell.

For a daily driver, you really don't need adjustable coilovers. Especially if you don't have the need or knowledge to properly adjust them, then there's no point to it. You'd be better off with a quality set of springs and shocks.

Comment

Yah thats what im gunna do to mine. I was thinking of getting some s tech lowering springs first then getting some type of shock. But id be riding on stock shocks for a little while. Thanks for all the feedback. but with the coilovers on her cb ( if she gets it. I hope she does so I can clean it up) you would need to install new shocks and coilovers at once?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Lowering on stock shocks is an extremely dangerous and stupid thing to do. Do the shocks and springs at the same time. Full coilovers include shocks and springs already.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Lowering on stock shocks is an extremely dangerous and stupid thing to do. Do the shocks and springs at the same time. Full coilovers include shocks and springs already.
                x2.

If you're going to cheap out on car stuff...don't cheap out on your suspension, brakes, or tires.

Honestly, full coilovers are a waste on a street car that will never see track work, especially if you live in an area that doesn't see snow.

Coilovers need maintenance over the years, it's not a set a forget type thing. At some point in the future they will need to be rebuilt.

Koni Yellows have lifetime warranties and can withstand a lowering spring. In addition, I believe other Koni products have the same type of warranty. KYB AGX is an option, but they are not warrantied for more than a 1.5" drop, and if you go lower than 1.5", they will blow.

Comment

So then what shock would be a good match for tein s techs? Performance and ride in mind

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Koni Yellows are a good match for damn near anything you throw at them! The S Tech's drop will be too much for most others, even though the spring rate is quite low (good spring choice for a street car.)
                    Koni STR.T might work, but the Yellows will be a much better match. I wouldn't waste your time with KYB or Tokico, and definitely stay away from cheap crap like Gabriel and Monroe. Bilstein is awesome, and probably has something that would work, but they're pricey.

Comment

cool cool thanks much guys. ill look and price some stuff out

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X