Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wide tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide tires?

Right now i'm running 205/65 15, but suppost to have 195/60, and I basically want more of a contact patch. I'm curious how wide of a tire can I run on a stock ex wheel and of course still be safe?

Any wider than 205 on what I assume to be stock alloys, and you'll end up with squishy handling. The sidewalls will be bubbling over the side of the wheels. If you want to go wider, you'll need to run a wider wheel.

Comment

x2 my friend has a cd5 with 205's on his stock wheels and they rub sometimes.
      If you wanna go wider then that you need after market wheels.
      If you are going to do this to get more traction I would suggest just buying a nicer tire with a better traction rating.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

DANG! You guys waste no time on replys, so 205 it is. I was thinkin tire rack know of any other reputable tire dealers?

Comment

Originally posted by SleepySteve View Post
          Right now i'm running 205/65 15, but suppost to have 195/60, and I basically want more of a contact patch. I'm curious how wide of a tire can I run on a stock ex wheel and of course still be safe?
          I have that on my coupe. & it is a bit squishy. but I love it. makes for a comfortable ride.

also you might be able to go 215 or 225 if you lower the height. right now 205 with 65 has the tire up close to the knuckle

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

with me low with 205/55r16 i rubbed alil in the front on corners and really bad with 225/50r16's lol but right now i have the 195/60r15's on jeep rims no rub
            back at it again

Comment

205 65 is too tall. You want to drop to between a 205 50 and a 205 60 at MOST. First number is width of tire, second number is percentage of width as sidewall height, so as the tire gets wider, the sidewall number should go lower to keep your tires from getting too tall and REALLY throwing off the speedometer, besides looking like truck tires.

Comment

205/55/15 is ideal.

I didn't even notice the 65! I was too focused on the width.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  205/55/15 is ideal.

I didn't even notice the 65! I was too focused on the width.
                  same lol

that is the size they run on the first gen ody lol
                  back at it again

Comment

Is it really? I didn't know that!

Yeah, that provides a wide tire that doesn't flex too much. Last time I looked, it's a pretty expensive size, because it's pretty uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Is it really? I didn't know that!

Yeah, that provides a wide tire that doesn't flex too much. Last time I looked, it's a pretty expensive size, because it's pretty uncommon.
                      yeah man my step dad has one lol i had to get tires for it lol

and yeah the old ex rim is a 15x5.5 rim not that wide if you get a 5th gen rim liek the 97 se that is 15x6

the jeep rims i have on my car are 15x7 lol

the oddy is a 15x6 or 6.5 if it has the allow rims
                      back at it again

Comment

Im rockin some 225's. I think 225/45/17

Comment

Originally posted by illwitit247 View Post
                          Im rockin some 225's. I think 225/45/17

Any rubbing? What size are your rims?

I'm trying to find out if I run the Acura TL OEM 17 x 8 wheels with the stock 235/45/17 tires, will I rub?
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I have 215-45-17 to and they are fine and I am lowered.

Oh and I like those wheels what are they?
                            Last edited by thepowderblue; 08-09-2011, 11:11 PM.
                            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

The wheel offset also comes into play when worrying about whether or not a tire will rub. The tire size and car height are only partial factors.

Comment

Working...
                              X