Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Initial Engine Bay Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a very nice clean up job!!!
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i did a engine bay cleaning once...i used a pressure washer to take out the grime...just make sure you cover the alternator, starter, battery and dis not to mention your aftermarket air filter.....also don't pressure wash certain parts that can be easily be force out by the pressure
      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

make sure you engine is cool before you add any cleaners. they like to stain sometimes.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

go crazy with the pressure washer, use Purple power and make sure the engine is 100% cold
          like drew stated some degreasers like to stain when heat dried

start by tilting your hood 90degs, thisway you can see everything
          remove your intake and put a sock in the TB
          if you want remove the battery

note: the more you remove the cleaner the end result will be

wet the engine

spray the desired degreaser EVERY WHERE
          (try to stay away from the alternator's bearing, if degreased a lot, the bearing will start to squeal)

let it sink a little

go at it with the PW, dont be scared, on the accord, you WILL get water inside the distribuitor, so dont forget to take the cap and dry it
          or better yet, if you trust yourself, remove it
          this way, you can get the grime that accumulates on the ECT and TEMP wires

again spray it once more with degreaser, this time concentrating on the spots you missed, then rinse with the PW (dont forget the hood, also by the PS/AC side, and under the BATT)

rinse with the hose one more time to get the rest of the degreaser out

dry with compressed air or leaf blower or with a towel, if left to air dry or you start the engine, the heat will evaporate the water and leave spots

PS: i like to drown my alternators (never had voltage problems)

again if the DIS is left on, there's a big chance you'll get water in it
          good luck
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Stupid questoin. Can I use kitchen soap used for dish washing to clean the engine? Or is it too weak to perform as degreaser? Place I live don't have simple green and I am afraid to use just anything on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by op355 View Post
              Stupid questoin. Can I use kitchen soap used for dish washing to clean the engine? Or is it too weak to perform as degreaser? Place I live don't have simple green and I am afraid to use just anything on the market.
              well. they use dove dish washing liquid to wash off animals that were harmed in oil spills. so...
              Last edited by drew12000; 07-27-2011, 09:03 AM.
              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I can't believe people are still telling newbs to take things off and cover things up. Your entire engine bay is made to operate under wet conditions. In 25 years of driving, I have never once covered anything under the hood when I cleaned it and never had any problems except the occasional wet distributor cap, which takes about three minutes to fix; if you're clumsy or an idiot. Nothing is going to short out, nothing is going to suck water into the engine (unless you're an idiot and you try to wash it running or you intentionally jam the end of the nozzle down into an opening, in which case you deserve whatever happens ).
                There are literally dozens of threads about engine cleaning on the site, please use search in the future before you ask a question. I can almost guarantee you won't be asking a new cb7 related question and that it's already been answered somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                  well. they use dove dish washing liquid to wash off animals that were harmed in oil spills. so...
                  Oh well, I will give it a try and will update.
                  I am assuming it won't be strong enough to get rid of all oil residues. I think it worth to give it a try.

Comment

dish soap is irritating because it takes a lot of water to finally get rid of all the suds and bubbles.

Comment

I never cover anything whean i wash a engine bay. I spray my dizzy, alternator, ect. I have never had a issue after wetting anything. I always use the pressure washer at carwash with engine degreaser. This was my most recent engine wash.

of course a little touch up after it dried.

Comment

I haven't presure washed my engine. I just get the hose from my house go to the .99 cent store or dollar tree and buy "LA's totally awesome degreser" or purple power, and a tooth brush. It's cleaned my engine pretty well. Just takes time and effort.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                          dish soap is irritating because it takes a lot of water to finally get rid of all the suds and bubbles.
                          Good point.... I didn't not think about that... I guess I need to find a degreaser instead of using dish soap. Thx !

Comment

Well dish soap isn't bad either but I use that when I wash my car and I have no car soap lol. But yea try it out.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by gvaldez92 View Post
                              I never cover anything whean i wash a engine bay. I spray my dizzy, alternator, ect. I have never had a issue after wetting anything. I always use the pressure washer at carwash with engine degreaser. This was my most recent engine wash.

of course a little touch up after it dried.
                              That is a very clean engine bay!
                              93 CB7 SE Coupe
                              00 EJ6 Sedan
                              12 Pilot Touring
                              08 Altima Coupe V6 SE

Comment

does everyone use brushes to scrub out the dirt?my engine bay never gets clean at all

Comment

Working...
                                X