Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay door handles?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay door handles?

ok so our cars are notorious for having fragile interior door handles. has any one used any of these and how do they hold up? im asking because i cant find any at the jy.

I ordered a set of 4 from eBay and they were great. Just like OEM.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Ebay doesn't make parts... so the parts you guys are discussing could be completely different in terms of quality.

Comment

uve got a point. do u remember your seller? and ive seen a lot of sellers that have 2 for 25, is that the price range to expect?

Comment

What color do you need? Why don't you buy them from Tas Auto they have all of them except black.

Comment

i need blue. although black would be nice

Comment

I bought one about 4 months ago. No complaints

Comment

is it like directly from the dealer or something?

Comment

Mine is not. It is an after market product. The "Lock" word on the oem handle is different then the one on the after market one. Also it did NOT come with that little circle that covers up the screw. So if you have your original covers save em. Unless the seller is including them.

Comment

I've got a pair of aftermarket DX coupe interior handles. I don't like them.

Their lackluster quality is expected for the price they're sold for. The color is off (mine are supposed to be black, but they're dark purple in bright light), the chrome levers are beginning to peel (I've had them installed for only 1 year), and worst of all, the plastic hooks on the back that connect to the inner door handle bracket don't even match up with the brackets, meaning they don't fit perfectly snug with the door panel.

They do the job, but I don't think they meet OEM quality. Keep in mind, however, that your experience may differ from my experience.
                    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

sorry to not specify. the ones from tas auto, are they oem. no but the ebay ones have me iffy on the qualities. can anyone that has had goodluck with the ebay ones recommend the seller they bought their door handels from?

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
                        sorry to not specify. the ones from tas auto, are they oem. no but the ebay ones have me iffy on the qualities. can anyone that has had goodluck with the ebay ones recommend the seller they bought their door handels from?
                        Used them on my accord for years. Anything is better than the old one.

I wouldnt think twice about buying ebay ones. Go for it.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Ebay doesn't make parts... so the parts you guys are discussing could be completely different in terms of quality.
                          Obviously eBay doesn't make parts...lol. I laugh a bit every time I see someone say that.

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
                          uve got a point. do u remember your seller? and ive seen a lot of sellers that have 2 for 25, is that the price range to expect?
                          I checked and the guy I bought them from isn't selling them anymore. You're taking a gamble ordering from eBay anyway, even if you buy from the same seller, you never know if they're going to send you the same part since it's mainly all coming from China. If you want to order from eBay, look for some that look OEM and cross your fingers. If you don't want to take a gamble order from Tasauto and pay $50+ a pair.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

I picked one up off ebay, and it required a LOT of dremel work to fit - problem was the hooks that slide onto the door panel had too much material on them from whatever mold that was used. Other than that, and the screw hole cover, and the slight off color, they're fine...

Comment

thanx everyone for the replies. imma go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X