Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

frame cutting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frame cutting...

I will be reparing my rust soon, i have some knowledge and most of the tools. My original plan was to have a shop weld a new panel but I am not having any luck find a panel for coupes so i will use pullie and hammer on/ hammer off dollie to straighten the panel as best as i can, then ill use filler. Only problem is this bar/frame where what looks like the ABS ecu is mounted...

Can i cut some of the bar off? I will of course weld it back but will cutting it compromise the strengths of the frame.

this is the front side...has high and low spots

Last edited by JaberCB7; 04-22-2011, 10:56 PM.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

1) That's not the "frame"
    2) Do not cut that..

A professional would weld a stud and pull that out with a slide hammer.

You can use a hammer and dolly and get most of that out since you can access the rear portion

The rest if you do not have the correct tools use a pry bar like device and push it out....

Honestly if cutting that out was your initial plan of attack id recommend bringing it to a professional... There is no need to replace the panel.. The damage isn't that bad.

Comment

This is my only reason for wanting to cut that metal bar from inside

the bottom edge of the panel is dented in a little, not sure if the slide hammer would fix that. i really want to take it to a shop but only honda shops are half hour + away and i work 11 hrs a day and only have sundays off....but ill take your word for it. Thanks

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
        This is my only reason for wanting to cut that metal bar from inside

the bottom edge of the panel is dented in a little, not sure if the slide hammer would fix that. i really want to take it to a shop but only honda shops are half hour + away and i work 11 hrs a day and only have sundays off....but ill take your word for it. Thanks
        Body work is body work ... No need to go to a Honda shop.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
          Body work is body work ... No need to go to a Honda shop.
          sorry, it was a typo, i meant honda enthusiast shop... the rest of the locals all i hear is bad news, its either you pay upfront and might get ripped off or pay when job is done but ill end up waiting forever to get done.

Comment

You can get a patch panel for a sedan. The area that you want to replace is the same on a sedan.

Comment

both panels can be done over here for $175 with out paint just buy the panels at KEYSTONE and the shop does the rest

Comment

if ya wanna find the part for the cpe go to andysautosport.com they have patch pannels i think they run about 150 bucks
                91 Honda Accord LX Rebuild Status
                06 Nissan 350Z Summer Daily Driver
                06 Subaru Impreza Winter Daily Driver

Comment

Yeah, and they'll send you the part for a Chevy Suburban... Andys SUCKS!

TASauto has patch panels, last I checked. They'll send you the proper part.

Comment

TASauto very reliable parts store

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Yeah, and they'll send you the part for a Chevy Suburban... Andys SUCKS!

TASauto has patch panels, last I checked. They'll send you the proper part.
                      Trust me i know...i had a problem with getting some euro corners, they kept sending me the wrong corners and when they finally sent the right ones... they were black housed!

Ive heard from alot of people to try keystone but i called them few days ago and they said they have nothing for a car this old yet my boy recently got 92 civic panels.

this is the only coupe panel ive found and its not from a reputable dealer
                      coupe patch panel

Comment

You're not replacing in front of the wheel arch, so you can use a sedan panel with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          You're not replacing in front of the wheel arch, so you can use a sedan panel with no problems.
                          I kinda do, its not much but what do you think...

its just the edge... should be able to use some of the sedan panel for the rest

Comment

Working...
                          X