Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will this suspension work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this suspension work?

Sup! Im on tight budget right now and im planning to do about a 2" drop with these:

NOT COIL OVERS, with everything else stock. No racing or anything just for the looks for my ride . Right now im running 15" wheels, im planning to go 17" max in the future. What you guys think? no rubbing?
    Thanks!

^MRT^

weather or not it rubs depends on the offset of the rim and tire size.

just don't be surprised if your oem struts blow out in a few weeks after you put the springs on. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

sorry to tell yah man, struts are gonna blow, mine did and its the shittiest ride ever, go with lowering springs and koni strt's, amazing setup, alot of guys do that on this site that are on a budget

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, So the springs are alright just new struts?

^MRT^

Comment

how much do those cost and where are you getting them from?
          In every situation, you get what you pay for.

So dont cheap out!

Comment

Your life rides on your suspension... if you can't afford to lower your car properly, you can't afford to lower your car. Period.

Get quality springs. New ones are about $200. Used can be had for much less. I'd trust used quality springs over brand new garbage.

Get shocks that can handle your drop. You want 2" or more, so you'll need to get a more expensive shock to handle it. Stock shocks will not... and blown shocks are VERY dangerous. Cheaper replacement shocks like Tokico HP and KYB GR2 are not made for a spring that low, with a rate that high. They will also blow very quickly, making your car unsafe, and wasting your money. You'll need to get AT LEAST Koni STR.T. Preferably Koni Yellow Or Bilstein HD. Expect to pay $65-$120 per shock for any of those mentioned.
            You will also want a camber kit, or you'll be eating through tires like crazy. A good camber kit is a couple hundred bucks... a new set of tires is more expensive. DO NOT get a cheap camber kit... I can tell you from experience that they will break. I'm lucky to be alive to tell you of this, since mine broke at 65mph in rush hour traffic. It was hanging on by a thin piece of metal. If that gave out, I'd have lost control and crashed.

You will also need an alignment. Any time you replace any suspension component, an alignment is necessary. Expect to pay $65 or more for that.

Comment

Working...
            X