Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Could 2000 civic coil sleeves fit on cb7 shocks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could 2000 civic coil sleeves fit on cb7 shocks?

My friend is selling coilover sleeves from a civic. Will the springs fit the accord shocks? Selling it for a super low deal so if theyd work I could use them

No. Even if you could make them fit, the spring rates would be all wrong. It could be very dangerous.

If you can get them cheap, do it. Then sell them, and use the money to buy proper parts for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      No. Even if you could make them fit, the spring rates would be all wrong. It could be very dangerous.

If you can get them cheap, do it. Then sell them, and use the money to buy proper parts for your car.
      you're right. i wonder how much megan racing coilover sleeves could be sold for?

Comment

Megan Racing coilover sleeves are shit as well. Honestly, the only sleeves I would trust would be Ground Control. Personally, I don't like adjustable springs. I don't have the need or knowledge to properly (and safely) adjust them.

I hope you're not expecting to put these on 20 year old stock shocks...

Comment

Megan Racing coilover sleeves are shit as well. Honestly, the only sleeves I would trust would be Ground Control. Personally, I don't like adjustable springs. I don't have the need or knowledge to properly (and safely) adjust them.

I hope you're not expecting to put these on 20 year old stock shocks...
          no i've changed my mind i am going to follow your advice and sell them to purchase a pair of GC. those are the ones that i've been wanting. i just dont know what are a good pair of shocks to add along with them.

Comment

i'm not looking for a full race setup so i dont want to spend the amount for full bodied coilovers but i do like the ability to adjust freely when i need to. so coilover sleeves are what i've been wanting.

Comment

Koni STR-T's are the best shock you can get for the money, and are dirt cheap. ground controls and str-t's will make a great combo for a daily-i will likely end up getting a set for my car

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yellows would be better suited, but STR.Ts are good.

The only problem with having the ability to adjust on the fly is that you will need an alignment every time you adjust your height. You CAN drive without doing so, but your tires will wear quickly, and soon become dangerous. It's also a pain in the ass to adjust the height regularly. Most people with coilovers just find a height they like, and leave it at that.

Comment

Yellows would be better suited, but STR.Ts are good.

The only problem with having the ability to adjust on the fly is that you will need an alignment every time you adjust your height. You CAN drive without doing so, but your tires will wear quickly, and soon become dangerous. It's also a pain in the ass to adjust the height regularly. Most people with coilovers just find a height they like, and leave it at that.
                  yea. i do plan on keeping it a certain height for a long period of time but if ever i needed to it'd be nice rather than have only one height. i've been looking into koni yellows but it costs like an arm to get a set of 4. almost 400 dollars i believe last time i looked. any good reputable sources i could purchase for a deal?

Comment

also i would like to thank you guys for the advice its given me some insight so i have better clarification on what i might plan on doing with my car.

Comment

Koni Yellows aren't cheap, for sure... but they are hands down the best shocks you can get for the price. If you want to go low, then they're also the only really safe option (there are others, but they cost even more, and may need to be custom-valved for your application.)

You can occasionally find deals on them on eBay, just be sure you buy from a seller with a high rating (that has sold them in the past... and didn't get their high rating by selling used xbox games!) www.neuspeed.com also has pretty good prices on Koni products. They have the low-end STR.T for a VERY reasonable price (about $230 shipped)... but for what you want, I would suggest getting the Yellows over those STR.Ts...

Comment

Working...
                      X